• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

"U've lost soo much weight.." How do u respond

Oasiscalm

I'm still a long way off my target weight, but recently I've been having friends and colleagues noticing my weight loss.

I'm at an odds of how to respond, mostly because I always found it strange when people say "Thank you" when people say they've lost weight.

If someone pays me a compliment in reference to my weight loss, then I say thank you. But mostly people are just saying "you've lost loads of weight" and I not too sure what to say

How do you all handle these conversations...

You could say, "Thank you for noticing" :)

if it's just a comment I say "yes I have" nothing much else but from them it's normally along with a well done, you look great or how fab! Then I will say thank you. But I still find it hard when I see people I've not seen for a while when they comment :)

Enjoy them now and say thank you :D after a while they stop as people get used to the new slimmer you. Keep these compliments in your memory banks :D

I normally say "yes I have, thankyou", even though a compliment hasn't been offered. Once I've acknowledged the loss I've found most people follow up with a compliment, "you look fab" or whatever.

It's only in the last month or so I've had the comments, so I'm loving them at present!

I feel a fraud I was so delighted when I hit a 3 stone loss I put it on my Facebook. Obvs I haven't told anyone other thn family about my band and one lady said I was an inspiration not doing that again feel such a fraud!

You're not a fraud! You lost the weight, not the band! Be proud of your losses, you are an inspiration!

I always said 'yes, it's taking a lot of hard work but I'm getting there'
If anyone asks how I say no gimmicks just a high protein low carb plan and lots of activity!

Enjoy it and just say I know I'm so pleased... U deserve the compliments honey enjoy them.
Not one of my friends have commented not one! Only 1 knows about the band and she hasn't either. She makes no reference to it or the weight I've lost. It's only my mum and dad and hubby.. Sad really think I need new friends haha.
Even my sister who suggested the band hasn't said much I dunno who cares I'm happy and I'm thrilled with the results x

Thx guys you are right I know you are I guess I just think too much about people's perceptions of the band x

Enjoy it and just say I know I'm so pleased... U deserve the compliments honey enjoy them.
Not one of my friends have commented not one! Only 1 knows about the band and she hasn't either. She makes no reference to it or the weight I've lost. It's only my mum and dad and hubby.. Sad really think I need new friends haha.
Even my sister who suggested the band hasn't said much I dunno who cares I'm happy and I'm thrilled with the results x

That's a shame....unfortunately as I mentioned in an unrelated post yesterday...sum ppl get incredibly set in their ways about their "large" friends...unwanted negatives etc etc & the classic "hope it doesn't change you"....my advice on that one is its their prob, let em get on with it....

Ps well dun bet yr lookin fab :)

I say thanks to you've lost weight ... but when they ask how I don't directly lie I say had help from hospital, dietician etc so it's not a lie I couldn't do that but it covers the truth without saying I had op . I'm not ashamed I had DS but I'm not proud of it either because I still feel I should've been able to do it myself .... I am however proud I can live more years have no sleep apnea, diabetes type 2 , high cholesterol , high blood pressure, and am proud of myself for facing the truth I needed help in all this . In the end it doesn't matter how we do it we do it for the right reasons :)
say thanks hold your head high and smile you've a lot to smile about :)

Well done on your weight loss, please remember ladies & gents, the band is only a tool the hard work still has to come from within, as we all know, choosing the right foods to eat, no drinking/eating rule, cutting out things you know you shouldnt eat etc. Its harder then most people give it credit for. So what we have had a little help, in one form or another every one has a little help, ours is just surgically and for one I am enternally grateful. - BD x x

Back