• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Visitors and bypass

uglyduck16

Hi sorry another question!!
I am just worrying about when my mum will be able to visit me :confused::( I would really liked her to be there as much as possible. I am going to be a private patient if this makes any difference?? Does anyone know anything about visiting?
Xxx Lizzie xxX

in nhs hospitals you can have visitors same day, but you will be mostly sleeping after the anestetic, i think they will let close family like your mum be there for you and maybe other visitors the following day when you feel more up to it.

good luck i hope all goes well

Liz xxx

I had my surgery in the am, was back on my ward by noon & my husband came to see me at 3pm - 4pm & then again at 6-8:30pm. When he came the next day for visiting at 3pm, he was able to take me home with him.

I was at an NHS hospital so I don't know how private works. Best of luck for Friday!!:D:D

I was private and there was no restriction on any visitors, mind you I did not have any and was glad about that as I was happily ensconced in my room with the sky control in my hand and it was a good opportunity to rest as I never sit still at home...xx

I was NHS funded in a Private hospital. No restriction on visitors. Might have been because I was in a side room though.

Hopefully then my mum will be able to visit as much as we like, that is really re-assuring and encouraging to know, thank you everyone for your replies. :)
I am going to take Charlie, my cat, for his 'holiday' now at the cattery ;)!! hehe
Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi Lizzie I miss your photo of your little cat he is much nicer than lisa simpson lol....speak soon chick good luck...xx

hehe I agree actually... I will put charlie back on ;)

Xxx Lizzie xxX

Hi lizzie, my hubbie came into hospital with me and stayed with me right through the day. my parents then visited that evening and my hubbie and eldest daughter came the following day and took me home. they were fine with visitors and understood the need for your close ones to be with you. good luck hun xx

The visiting hours on my ward were from 1pm till 8pm but they did n't seem strict on it at all. My husband stayed till gone 11 on some nights but I'm wondering if that was cause I was in a side room and it was n't disturbing other patients

Back