• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

waiting for my first fill!

catkrisiz

Im quite excited really haha!! What will it feel like? What is the procedure? I do know that my provider uses a scan to do it xxx

I was really scared about my first fill but honestly, I didn't feel a thing. I made sure I didn't look at the needle mind you!

The nurse made sure I could have a glass of water after she'd done the fill. All was well so that was it - on my own. Really only took 10 minutes, but I guess that depends on your provider - a scan might be a little longer.

Never had a fill with a scan. I didn't feel much restriction until my third fill, but it's a very individual thing. My fourth fill was only 1ml, but took me from pretty much no restriction to being too restricted!

I didn't feel much after my first fill, but starting to feel some restriction after my second fill. Still don't think I'm quite there yet though so may need a third fill.

I didn't feel much after my first fill, but starting to feel some restriction after my second fill. Still don't think I'm quite there yet though so may need a third fill.

How long have you had ur band? How much have u lost? X

Fills can be a funny thing, some are easy and straightforward, others they can find it longer to get the needle into the port. Even then it only tends to be more uncomfortable or painful.

If you have your fill lying down if you bring your chin up to your chest it helps to bring the port to the surface :)

I'm heading for my 14th fill on thursday of this week, although I had a complete defill and refill at my appointment 3 weeks ago, the needle was in place for a good 20 mins. It was the only time it left me with a little bruise and tender for a while after it. But normally fills are quite straightforward.

It can take a fair few fills to get restriction, but some people find that they feel it after less or indeed more. But usually after going back to liquids, then mash and then to normal foods (depending on your providers guidelines) is when you'd normally feel any difference. There's normally a minimum wait time between fills (my provider is 2 weeks) to allow things to settle and to see what difference has been made as it can take a while post fill to kick in :)

Fills can be a funny thing, some are easy and straightforward, others they can find it longer to get the needle into the port. Even then it only tends to be more uncomfortable or painful.

If you have your fill lying down if you bring your chin up to your chest it helps to bring the port to the surface :)

I'm heading for my 14th fill on thursday of this week, although I had a complete defill and refill at my appointment 3 weeks ago, the needle was in place for a good 20 mins. It was the only time it left me with a little bruise and tender for a while after it. But normally fills are quite straightforward.

It can take a fair few fills to get restriction, but some people find that they feel it after less or indeed more. But usually after going back to liquids, then mash and then to normal foods (depending on your providers guidelines) is when you'd normally feel any difference. There's normally a minimum wait time between fills (my provider is 2 weeks) to allow things to settle and to see what difference has been made as it can take a while post fill to kick in :)
Oh god I've got a de fill and fill booked for Wednesday I've never had one before 20 mins omg I hope i don't make a fool of myself!! Haha

Oh god I've got a de fill and fill booked for Wednesday I've never had one before 20 mins omg I hope i don't make a fool of myself!! Haha

Ah don't worry too much.

they are investigating my band due to the potential leak so it was in as she wanted to make sure that she was able to draw all of the saline out of the band and had to leave it there to settle to see if she could get any more out. And then, she started to refill. So, my defill/refill was a bit out of the norm in that respect because it was to make sure they've got a correct calculation of whats in the band ahead of seeing what levels of saline are leaking. :)

i had my first fill by xray was reassuring to see everything on the screen! Had a lot of restriction after my frst fill and still do, they said i had good restriction anyway so only needed 1mil in x x

I have had four fills now and my port is always difficult to find..but it never once has hurt me at all..so don't worry its a breeze

I am defiantly feeling restriction now..and I am pleased about that..its quite hard the first few months as you have to still depend on willpower and determination. Chin up :)

Where you having your infill? Im booked in for wednesday too for my first fill at the hospital group, Dolan Park.:)

I am having my first fill on Sat at leeds office of thg. Hope I get some restriction as I haven't lost anything since back to normal food although I haven't put any on either so that's a positive. It's also one month on Sat since op. Time flies. :)

I dont even have a date for mine yet im nearly 3wks post op. Really wanna get a date so I can count down!! Do u live in leeds? Im between bradford and leeds and im at yorkshire clinic. They have been great so far x

Last edited:
Back