• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting for Surgery Date

At least you know it's normal :) well ish, I'm a normalish sort of person :)

So I spoke to a the lovely bariatric coordinator, who told me that my surgery should be around June/July!!! I have asked her to please keep it as close to July as possible so that I can get some help with my son. Really happy to know the approximate time. Will be planning like crazy. :0icanfly::woohoo:

Excellent news.:0clapper:
I did loads of planning and reading then got my date and everything seemed to fall out of my head! So don't worry if after all the waiting finally knowing when throws you a bit

Excellent news.:0clapper:
I did loads of planning and reading then got my date and everything seemed to fall out of my head! So don't worry if after all the waiting finally knowing when throws you a bit
I can believe you even though I have started putting things into perspective and trying to sort out my son (I know it seems early but it works out as no more than 12 weeks away lol) - more than likely I am gonna get myself into a tizz at the last minute and it will all go to pot lol. As long as the surgery goes fine I will be so over the moon. Just want to be able to run around with my son and do all the things he wants to do.

So had a conversation with the bariatric coordinator, who informed me that because of doctors strikes, bed shortage (due to emergencies) and the fact that my chosen surgeon only works one day a week every other week, my surgery will not be any earlier than September.:(

Ah noo. What a delay On the bright side, you can start ur diet without any pressure and time flys by.

September may seem a lifetime away but we are in the 2nd week of June already and look how fast this year as gone already so by that Sept will be here real quick!

I am waiting on my date and can't stop thinking about it so,on the plus side at least you have a date and know that by the time Christmas comes you will be well on your journey of loss.

In January you will start the new year being a healthier version of the new you!

I am waiting on my date and can't stop thinking about it so,on the plus side at least you have a date and know that by the time Christmas comes you will be well on your journey of loss.

In January you will start the new year being a healthier version of the new you!

Thank you Rose2016 - but seriously I am in the same place as you - even though they have said September, this could still change as it is only an estimate of when it could happen. It started of at around April - June (3-4 months on waiting list) to June July (4-6 months on list) now it is around September (8 months). I am not complaining just want to get it over and done with surgery and the thought of having it gives me a bit of anxiety.

How long did they say you would have to wait and How long you been waiting for?

16 weeks from the MDT confirmation is my guide. MDT was 2 weeks ago and I got a call to say all was approved (no letter yet though) . I am waiting on a date now.

Thank you Rose2016 - but seriously I am in the same place as you - even though they have said September, this could still change as it is only an estimate of when it could happen. It started of at around April - June (3-4 months on waiting list) to June July (4-6 months on list) now it is around September (8 months). I am not complaining just want to get it over and done with surgery and the thought of having it gives me a bit of anxiety.

How long did they say you would have to wait and How long you been waiting for?
I'm at st marys and they advised from the point you've had your bloods and Mrsa swab it must be within 18 weeks from then I'm like you waiting on date

16 weeks from the MDT confirmation is my guide. MDT was 2 weeks ago and I got a call to say all was approved (no letter yet though) . I am waiting on a date now.
Hi Rose2016 Have you had any news yet on your surgery date?

Not yet. I have my pre-op assessment when I get back from holiday late August and ill get my date after that. Inching my way forward. At my dietician meeting towards the start of the year he said it was probably going to be sept/ oct so he was pretty good.

That is great news Rose2016. Glad that you are edging closer. I have been on the waiting list for almost six months now - May be lucky and have surgery in September (fingers crossed). I am seeing the surgeon on Wednesday because my acid reflux has come back with a vengeance, it is sometimes unbearable. I have heard that some types of surgery helps with acid reflux so I cannot wait to see if it gets rid of mines.

Good luck .. We may end up having surgery at the same time

I'm at st marys and they advised from the point you've had your bloods and Mrsa swab it must be within 18 weeks from then I'm like you waiting on date
I had clearance from mdt 1st week of June I was advise surgery would be hopefully end of September/October but I will call them end of July/August and see what they think then but I just want to start the new me hope you get your date soon

Are any of you Lindon based ladies at St Georges?

Saw the surgeon again last Wednesday (6th July) and they have now changed my surgery to gastric bypass due to sever acid reflux and back on lansoprazole. I called bariatic coordinator and she has now told me there are more patients in front of me compared to June so I am looking at the end of September :(

Back