• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Waiting list for gastric bypass

jen jen

Hey everybody,

I'm new to the site I'm waiting for my date for my gastric bypass I'm having second thoughts about the surgery just because I am so scared. Is anybody else feeling the same way ? X

I'm having surgery on the 7th of July and feel very nervous but just think about the end result x

Hi JenJen, I'm having the bypass in October. At the moment I'm more excited than frightened, but I'm sure as my date gets closer the nerves will start.

I know, some days i feel so positive about it and other days I feel terrified ! Wow not long till your surgery, have you been waiting long for it ? Good luck x

I am still finding my way round the site, I am going to see my surgeon next week, so I hope he gives me a date for my bypass, I am nervous and excited at the same time.

I got my letter yesterday saying it would be 18 weeks until my surgery so I could also be having it in October although I don't have a definite date x

It's a mixture of emotions isn't it. I'm just terrified of something going wrong as I have children, but I am also excited about losing weight and being an active mum x

JenJen, my surgeon wants me to lose a little weight before my bypass ( at least get my bmi under 50). So with holidays and commitments, the 1 October is the big day! Fingers crossed you get confirmation of your date soon. X

Lippyloirston

My surgeon didn't for me any thing to follow he was unsure that I needed the surgery, I had a meeting with the dietician and it was agreed I could have the surgery. I would like to lose weight to make the surgery easier and recovery quicker.

I hope I get my date soon. Good luck with your journey x

Hi Jen Jen, I can empathise with you. It's a huge amount of emotions and what it's to go through. Ok the end its all about the outcome. I'm getting a bypass on July 3rd and at times in quite frankly sh**ing myself and at others It can't come quick enough.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Jen Jen, I can empathise with you. It's a huge amount of emotions and what it's to go through. Ok the end its all about the outcome. I'm getting a bypass on July 3rd and at times in quite frankly sh**ing myself and at others It can't come quick enough.

Hey, fatboyslimin, when I think of the end result I get really excited and can't wait. I'm just terrified of something going wrong. July the 3rd will soon be here, good luck ? x

I'm in for a bypass on Monday & quite frankly I cannot wait,I suppose I will have few butterflies on Sunday/Monday,but more excitement than nerves @ the moment

Good luck KJB, keep us updated.

Back