• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wardrobe shriking!

wizzbang

I have spent some of today getting all my size 18's together to take to the charity shop because I am now size 16 :eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D
18's jeans have been falling off me all day and driving me bonkers. 16's jeans will probably be a bit of a tight squeeze but who doesn't like having their bottom squeezed!!
Ive still got a massive bottom but obviously not big enough to keep my jeans up :flirt2:.
I even bought new jim jams from Tesco in the sale. I have thrown my 18-20's away and bought 16-18.
I have now got to persuade myself to part with my coats which range from 24's to 18's, but I promised myself I wont buy a new one this winter, will just cope with the 18's one I have and get a new one next year.
Just wanted to share my happiness at my wardrobe changes.
Lynne x

cant wait for my sizes to start going down instead of up lol well done Lynne x

thats brill!!!!! well done xx

Thank you xx
It will be you doing the same soon.
Lynne xx

What a bitter sweet way to spend a day, Lynne :sigh: I did it last week & the gamut of emotions was like a roller coaster :cry: Happy to be getting rid of the reminders of how I was, sad for letting myself get there, devastated to be getting rid of so many clothes still with labels on them & happy someone will get the benefit of them :wave_cry: I have given them all to one of my neighbours who due to illness is pretty much housebound now so has gained several stones quite quickly, & has no money to buy new ... bless her. Not sure what she will make of the sexy chemises & meant to take out before I gave them to her but too late now, lol :eek::eek: xxx

lol, you never know what goes on behind closed doors !!
Ive got some bras that looked pretty sexy when I was a 22/24 but dont look quite the same now!
Lynne x

lol, you never know what goes on behind closed doors !!
Ive got some bras that looked pretty sexy when I was a 22/24 but dont look quite the same now!
Lynne x

Think she may have a fair idea now, lol ... :eek::eek:
She is in her seventies too so really hope she passes them on to her granddaughter. :D It is a shame but I would not want any of the clothes & sent to her, to still fit me. :) Did not send her any underwear as despite having some really lovely stuff, I would not want to make her illness any worse as it is her heart that is causing her problems xxx :wave_cry:

Awww bless her, poor thing. I'm glad you know her and can help.
I don't know anybody personally who I could give my clothes to so I give them to the Help the Aged shop. I'm getting quite a kick out of having empty drawers........ NOOO not that kind of empty drawers lol.
I bought myself a dress the other day that is just a smidgens too small even thought it is an 18's, it must be a skinny cut or something and I can't wait to wear it. I might ask my recently finished with partner take me out for a meal so I can wear it. (we are still friends). Tomorrow I promise myself, here and now, to do my hanging wardrobes. I have two rooms with fitted wardrobes in them, all of them full of clothes that don't fit me, a lot of them are summery kind of things that won't fit me in summer so I suppose I should get rid now.
Today I did the drawers, tomorrow, its coats and dresses.... hung up stuff.
Lynne x

Before I give stuff away, I get them taken in. I can't sew to save my life but luckily I know a lovely lady who can, so I bring her mountains of stuff and she makes me smaller and shorter so they flatter. I don't wear trousers or jeans, so it's skirts mainly and some tops. I don't get sweaters taken in, just some dressier tops but mainly skirts. I have bought some new sweaters, size M instead of XXL :)

My wardrobe is 22, 20, 18, 16 (I'm sure you're all in the same boat ladies) as I bought them on the way up.
My 22's and 20's are too big and I'm hoping my 18's will be too by the time I return to work.
As I'm still a little weak and tired I'm saving this for next week and cannot wait. It must be the most enjoyable part of weight loss. Well done hun!!!
xx

I know the feeling Louise I am currently size 24 and have clothes in mine from 24 to 16 half from last summer still with tags!!
Just can't wait to be able to buy a whole new wardrobe and go to everyday shops instead of paying over the odds for big sizes!!
Lynn x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back