• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WARNING: need to have this little rant :)

jo86

Hi i know i haven't been on here in some time but i do check when i can i'm happy to say i have a computer again now lol :)

So anyways i was refered to exercise for life programme by my dr in october last year (i requested it) i went for 7 weeks then my 1year old got chicken poxs then 2 weeks later my 2 year old did so i didnt finish it off. I asked to be referred again but this time to a closer centre so i could use pool aswell. So i went for my 2nd week this morning and te instructor is SOO mean. You have a fob to put in machines and that tell you what to do and how long for and when i went to sign on the instructor seen i had done 14 calories less than last week so basically put me down infront of everyone waiting to use this machine to sign out. She said she knew i hadnt done "much" coz she was watching me and i wasnt sweating buckets. I done everything required and i think she forgets last week i was early so had a 15minute head start so therefore used 2 machines twice. I wasnt standing around talking to people i was getting on with it. I was waiting for her for 5 minutes at one point to show me how to use a machine thats her fault! My friend goes to who is like 17stone, we joined together and she even had a go at her. Everyone else in there is like 50plus and i think she wouldnt have spoken to them like that!

I am actually dreading going back now she said she is gunna pair me and my friend up next week and keep on at us both and really make us sweat!

I'm sorry but for an hour session 208 calories is more than i wud have burned sitting at home with a snack and watching cebeebies with my kids! I'm 28stone got horrible back problems she's lucky i havent moaned. Oh and also just before all this me and my friend asked if we could go tuesday aswell and she said "no not till i have finished with you's" so for the 10weeks we can only go the once a week.

Thanks for that don't matter if no one reads i've got it out now lol x

Jo

Hi Jo...

I think I'd have felt like landing a left hook too.

If I were you though. I wouldn't let anyone put me down and turn me off... as you say it's better than sitting at home watching Ceebeebies....

I'd let it go this time and see if you can prove this person wrong! I've noticed they are heavy with criticism on the tv when they think people aren't doing their max potential... so the trainer could have your very best interests at heart, but my feelings would have been wounded too, I know they would. E.g., the trainers on the Biggest Loser programme, Gillian can put the fear of God into people but she'll also cry for them when they achieve.

Give it all you can and we are with you fully on this journey... it's not easy, and it doesn't help when you have that type of attitude in public.

I'd also be thinking of just taking this person on one side and asking them 'not' to do this again if it keeps happening, let it go this time and show them you are not for turning! Go for it love.

Keep going love, we are with you xxx

haha i do feel better the instructor at the gym i went to first made me sweat but she was nice! lol

Its also because i have been doing really well on slimfast diet and was so its kinda de-flated me a little bit now coz i was feeling proud that i'm sticking to exercise and diets for a change :sigh:.

i got in wanting to eat the kids jaffa cakes instead i have a cereal size bowl of salad so thats summat :)

Jo x

Reactions: Bev
Please keep going Jo...

It's going to be worthwhile and you'll be out and about with your kids so much more and enjoying life when you feel better Angel.

I'd have felt like hitting back, but on reflection, you'll probably get a lot of respect for going back and sticking with it...

Keep us posted and take it as a compliment I suppose that the trainer is wanting the very best out of you and for sure I'd have had a rant and then thought it through too.

Love and hugs xxx

Hi Jo...

I think I'd have felt like landing a left hook too.

If I were you though. I wouldn't let anyone put me down and turn me off... as you say it's better than sitting at home watching Ceebeebies....

I'd let it go this time and see if you can prove this person wrong! I've noticed they are heavy with criticism on the tv when they think people aren't doing their max potential... so the trainer could have your very best interests at heart, but my feelings would have been wounded too, I know they would. E.g., the trainers on the Biggest Loser programme, Gillian can put the fear of God into people but she'll also cry for them when they achieve.

Give it all you can and we are with you fully on this journey... it's not easy, and it doesn't help when you have that type of attitude in public.

I'd also be thinking of just taking this person on one side and asking them 'not' to do this again if it keeps happening, let it go this time and show them you are not for turning! Go for it love.

Keep going love, we are with you xxx

Thanks so much bev i can handle critism but i don't like to feel embarassed in front of people i felt like i was 14 at school again dreading the PE class! I could tell my friend was waiting for me to have a go back but this time i let it go and just smiled and nodded, still got to me tho xx

I know how you feel Jo, I'd have felt like crawling away, it's a huge step to go to the gym.... see how it goes Angel.

So proud of you for taking it so well and for going to the gym, I wish I could.... I will be swimming as soon as I'm healed and starting some exercise for certain, doesn't it make you feel good love?

Take care and glad you've vented on here and hope you'll just walk in there and feel proud of you... we are for sure xxx

I know how you feel Jo, I'd have felt like crawling away, it's a huge step to go to the gym.... see how it goes Angel.

So proud of you for taking it so well and for going to the gym, I wish I could.... I will be swimming as soon as I'm healed and starting some exercise for certain, doesn't it make you feel good love?

Take care and glad you've vented on here and hope you'll just walk in there and feel proud of you... we are for sure xxx

I meant to say congratulations bev on your op i had read about your time in hospital the other week but i was using internet on my phone and it won't let me reply or comment just read posts lol xx

Awww bless you. It's the best thing I've ever done for myself in this lifetime.

I've loads to do and a long way ahead with my other health trials, but it's been amazing... and any weight lost prior to the surgery is a huge bonus.

Where are you up to Jo?

Don't forget love, one of us is always there on the coffee thread if you ever want to pop in, the kettle is always on for anyone.

Love and hugs xxx

I would of felt exactly as you did.What they dont realize is its encouragement not condemnation.Bet shes never tried hauling 28st anywhere!I understand pushing you to get more out of it but manners go a long way,I would also say if you have a problem with ME speak to ME about it!Maz x I hated pe for the same reason!.

Good for you Jo, just suck it up and do your best and no-one can complain. I have lots of respect for you doing any form of exercise and when the Instructor sees that you are trying she will too (HUG) XX

Thanks everyone :D She just makes no sense telling me at the end when she said she could tell i wasnt doing enough during session her job is to come over and help me or check to see if i was OK! i guess i must of been crawling around for the sake on 14 calories less from last week! I have been doing my Wii aswell at home.

She is only there for that hour for this exercise for life session! Besides she was going on like biggest loser but im suppose to be there to prepare myself after OP so im all set to go! It's not just people wanting to lose weight that attend, high colestoral, high blood pressure etc. xx

sounds like your doing brill luv - egnoor the gym instructor and push yourself as much as you can next week and show her - the more you sweat, the more weight your loosing! good luck hun im glad your doing ok and its good to see you posting again xxx

i dont know if anyone else has said this, because i havent had a chance to read the other posts...its nice to get a rant out, but please keep going, it will motivate you and you can show her that you arent an easy touch at the same time..stick up for yourself and if she speaks to you like that again, take a deep breath in count to 10...or 20 and move on, you are better than that and you can rise above it....it sounds like she has her own issues, dont let her drag you down with her.....all the best

Jo i'm sorry but this behaviour and attitude is not acceptable....

If i were you, both you and your friend should approach her at the beginning of your next session and explain that you are not happy being spoken to in that manner, especially when others are present. You appreciate she is there to help you and value her input but she will not demean what is a massive effort on your behalf, neither should she be denying you the chance to work harder doing an extra session. for crying out loud she said your not doing enough, you've just asked for the chance to do more....

Absolutely stonkingly awful, i'm feeling your pain xx

Thanks everyone for the replies i will be back there thursday and will at least go swimming 1 day 2 if i can also :)

I will do what i can and push myself that little more to show her but i won't allow her to push me.. I have a really bad back (which she knows) and when i ended up in hospital before coz of my back after it went on me 4 days after a bad fall on ice just over a year ago...honestly most unbearable pain i've ever experienced. i wasn't able to look after my 2 young children on my own for a few weeks i want to try avoid that happening again!

Thanks again everyone :D

Back