• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weeing!

Grace

I haven't wanted to admit this before now as i knew you'd all get worried, but I haven't been able to wee properly since my catheter came out last Friday, the day I came home.
Some of you now my diverticulitis flared up too, + I took some movicol....oh my word the problems I've had!
Running to the loo every half hour (day and night) for number 2s, but in so much pain not really able to go....

and the only way I could wee was sitting the wrong way round on the loo, so as to support my bum and allow my plevis to relax!:cry:

I resorted to a mini enema this am (hubby was getting panicky and muttering about taking me back to hospital):eek:.........oh my word the pain and not much to show for it!:eek:

but at long last nearly a week later, I've managed to wee sitting the right way round! HURRAH!!!!!!!!!! I might be somewhere approaching humanity again! But oh BOY am I still sore! how long until open surgery stops hurting, boys and girls?

would a c section be open surgery?.... well ive had two and seriously around one to two weeks for bodily functions to resume and may even longer for the number 2's...... you ve been through soooo much hun your body now needs time to heal and recoupourate..... its good news tho that you are going... x

would a c section be open surgery?.... well ive had two and seriously around one to two weeks for bodily functions to resume and may even longer for the number 2's...... you ve been through soooo much hun your body now needs time to heal and recoupourate..... its good news tho that you are going... x

Kelly I recuperated much faster after c section! but maybe you're right. I have a 'zip' from under my breastbone right down to my tummy button and it is SORE!

o yikes, well a c section isnt really on the same scale... and for a section they say a couple of weeks, so with what you ve been through id say things are settling down and getting back to normal... something to keep an eye on tho sweets xx

Hi Charis, any progress is good and I'm feeling so positive about your overall progression.

Would it help to use a raised toilet seat, I have one of those because of my spine issue and it does help with the lifting, just get as comfortable as you can Charis... the 'throne' is a very important part of our life and I truly hope that you get you soon establish a good body routine... I know it's a sore subject... but I have to wish you luck Angel... love you so much Charis xxx

Hi Charis, any progress is good and I'm feeling so positive about your overall progression.

Would it help to use a raised toilet seat, I have one of those because of my spine issue and it does help with the lifting, just get as comfortable as you can Charis... the 'throne' is a very important part of our life and I truly hope that you get you soon establish a good body routine... I know it's a sore subject... but I have to wish you luck Angel... love you so much Charis xxx

LOL Bev thanks...the thought of me on a raised loo seat!:D my feet only just touch the floor now, no love, that would be worse! But actually its getting better by the hour! I think maybe writing the diary has released more than I knew!:)

Ouch .... it sounds so sore! I am so pleased you managed to go loo, both ends.....so to speak ;) Hopefully you will carry on doing so (HUGS) XX

Hi Charis I really hope you soon get much better and start enjoying life again.

I`m wee like you; but shorter, and if I have a problem in that area - I use the grandkids little stool they have to stand on to reach the big loo. When I perch on the `throne` its sometimes help having something to put your little feet on.

Take care hun it will get better x

Love and hugs Kat x

Hi Charis, hope you can find something suitable there must be something that can help you... the padded seat sounds helpful.

I'm only under 5 feet tall too, my raised seat provides comfort and helps me to sit and lift etc... plus it is not that far off the ground, the toilet seat is taken off and it's really been a help... speak to your doc and get a water sample taken when you can love....

We could do with finding a really good aids (adaptations) website for you Charis...

Love and hugs xxx

Beth beat me to it..
I was about to say Get you wee checked out that you haven't got an infection from the catheter ......
I really just want to send you a cyber hug..you really are having a rough time of it .... x x x

Hi Charis I really hope you soon get much better and start enjoying life again.

I`m wee like you; but shorter, and if I have a problem in that area - I use the grandkids little stool they have to stand on to reach the big loo. When I perch on the `throne` its sometimes help having something to put your little feet on.

Take care hun it will get better x

Love and hugs Kat x

Good idea Katkit. I'll bear it in mind if the problem gets any worse.

Hi Charis, hope you can find something suitable there must be something that can help you... the padded seat sounds helpful.

I'm only under 5 feet tall too, my raised seat provides comfort and helps me to sit and lift etc... plus it is not that far off the ground, the toilet seat is taken off and it's really been a help... speak to your doc and get a water sample taken when you can love....

We could do with finding a really good aids (adaptations) website for you Charis...

Love and hugs xxx

Kind of what I really wanted was an adult potty!

Oh Charis sorry your having such a difficult time!

As some may know my mum had difficulties similar to yours after a wls (only her repair went wrong too!) and she has been thinking of you none stop since i told her what has happened to you.
Her advice is not to rush anything, listen to what your body is saying to you.

xxxxxxxxxx

Get it checked you dont want a bladder/kidney problem on top of everything else.Warm baths,warm oil or flannel on base of your spine and massage it.I find it stimulates the bladder.drink plenty of water boiled with sliced lemon in it,sip all day long.Will keep levels good in your urine and help with any infection,but go see doc.

kat, im like you, i put my feet on a little stool when i go to the loo.
charis, when i had my first spinal op, i had a catheter in for a week, and it took me a few days before i could go normally, i dont know whether or not the tube bruised my tubes or not, but it felt really sore to go, pl us you had the problem with the sideways brick didnt you, so that too could have put pressure on that area, our wee wee tubes are very sensitive arnt they. but if you get any more probs i woud definately get it checked out, just in case you are coming down with an infection.
you are so brave huni, i dont know anybody who could go through what you have been through and still remains so positive. you deserve a medal. great big hugs n cuddes xxxx

Back