• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weeing!

Oh Charis sorry your having such a difficult time!

As some may know my mum had difficulties similar to yours after a wls (only her repair went wrong too!) and she has been thinking of you none stop since i told her what has happened to you.
Her advice is not to rush anything, listen to what your body is saying to you.

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Emma Louise. I have to admit my biggest fear is something going wrong again. I'm taking things ridiculously easy, promise!

Get it checked you dont want a bladder/kidney problem on top of everything else.Warm baths,warm oil or flannel on base of your spine and massage it.I find it stimulates the bladder.drink plenty of water boiled with sliced lemon in it,sip all day long.Will keep levels good in your urine and help with any infection,but go see doc.
Thanks honey. I've managed to drink more today but I think the thing which has helped the most is a warm bath. I'll see the doc if this gets any worse. xx

charis, try barley water as well, i mean your own barley water, a tablespoon of barley in a pan of water, and boil it up, then keep it with a lid on, and when you make drinks, (coffee tastes gorguss) use it, but for every cup you use, add another cup of cold water. when the water starts to go clear, the barley has done its job, so u need to make a new batch. it is great for any water infection, but is also good just to use to keep the tubes clear it also neutralises any acid. ive used it for years whenever ive felt cystitis coming on and its great. hope it all settles down soon huni, hugs xxxx

Oh Charis you sound like you really are going through the mill and I hope you feel better soon. My daughter who regularly gets wee infections from being tiny was told to drink a glass or two of cranberry juice as it is very alkaline.

Its quite refreshing too and you can get cranberry light from Lidl.

Hugs to you and hope you feel better soon, but if in any doubt please go see the doctor! xxx

Poor Charis, I really feel for you!! Good job you're a touch little cookie ;)

My ex catheter & he couldn't pee properly for weeks after. That is why I had a real fear about having one, but luckily I didn't have to.

Take care my little friend :) I'm just over the moon to have a friend smaller than me!!

Poor Charis, I really feel for you!! Good job you're a touch little cookie ;)

My ex catheter & he couldn't pee properly for weeks after. That is why I had a real fear about having one, but luckily I didn't have to.

Take care my little friend :) I'm just over the moon to have a friend smaller than me!!
LOL cheeky! I'm the tallest woman in my family......okokok :D I'm the only woman in my family! LOL

Thanks pet. I'm really trying to drink more today. I think I'll try some cranberry juice too.

Hi Charis,
I had open surgery back in March. Soreness lasted a few weeks to be honest. I was permenantly exhausted as well. Do what your doing - take it easy, relax and enjoy others waiting on you! I promise you will be up and 'running ' before you know it.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Charis I dont know the answer to your question but really do hope you feel much better really soon xxx

Aw Charis if anyone deserved to get better soon its you without anymore issues to deal with. Just keep an eye on it cause i know after my c section catheter it took a while to get back to normal, drink plenty if you can and if it doesnt get better i would arm yourself with a sample and head to doc as others have said to check for infection. Either that or you could come to Glasgow cause its peeing down here lol it might stimulate your bladder! Big hugs hun x

Hi Charis,
I had open surgery back in March. Soreness lasted a few weeks to be honest. I was permenantly exhausted as well. Do what your doing - take it easy, relax and enjoy others waiting on you! I promise you will be up and 'running ' before you know it.
xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Amrac. That's part of what I needed to know. Having had lap surgery first time, it's hard to know what to expect. I'm resting so much I've got a sore bum!:):eek:

Charis it took me a few weeks to feel normal after open surgery although i battled with it during the time. As for weeing and a catheter it took longer than that for the sensation of wanting a wee to return. I just used to go and sit and wait for it to start by relaxing and letting it all go.... Hope it returns to normal soon and your feeling better now following your recent adventures xx

Back