• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Week 2 post op calorie confusion

I stuck to 70/70 rule. Min 70g protein daily yet max 70g carbs, not easy but doable and def is the key to weight loss!

I spoke to my dietician on Friday and she said (according to their guidelines) that there is strictly no min or max calorie limit. It's most important to eat the right textures as per guidelines and to stop eating at first signs of being full well within the 20-30 minutes mealtime allowance.

As I was so worried about over eating I've probably been well under what I could or should eat but she said the time between op and 1st fill is so different for everyone that they could not possibly give rules for this stage. So- her 1 piece if universal advice was: "listen to your body and stop at first signs of fullness"

Hope that helps! X

Excellent advice Bex and Jo !! I suppose its early days and I should just roll with it, looking forward to first fill as I feel a bit like I could go for it! I haven't or won't as I'm too determined to do it right, we are all individuals and we shall all react individually to this process. Thanks again ladies.xxx

Back