• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weekly weigh in and stalled :(

Pilar

Hi,I had operations on 11 February
-the first week I lost 4kg,
-the second week -3kg,
the third 1.1 kg,
and today 3 weeks and 3 days after surgery 0 :mad:
I drink every day about 1.5 liters of fluid and eat 5 -6 meals (3 tablespoons each)
3 times a day I eat meat + vegetables + potatoes
2 times a day yogurt
1 time a day porridge or custard
+ 3 times a day I go for walks with my dog (too early for the gym and pool)

I get stressed why I stop losing weight for a few days?

My dietitian is on holiday and the phone, which she gave to her colleagues did not work, so maybe one of you can give me some advice?

Thank you

I know it's easy for me to say, but really, don't worry. Stalling at three weeks is very common, just keep following your providers instructions and it will soon pick up again. ;)

I think the majority of us have suffered stalls - I used to lose for 3-4 weeks and then go the same amount of time without a loss at all - but the inches were dropping away xx

Hi!

I'm 4 weeks post op today and having the exact same problem. 1 week - 3kg, 2 weeks - 4kg, week 3 - 1kg, week 4 - 0.8kg!

Losing the will as im still on liquids and my calorie intake can't be more than 500/day!
Start purees on Monday! hoping that will shift it a bit!

when you aren't losing weight, you ARE losing volume !

Measure and record those measurements.

When you lose the mass, your body replaces the fat with water in the cells as markers... to put fat back in when you eat more. Now, this isnt going to happen. Meantime, the water is heavier than the fat, but far less volume. So you'll be shrinking a lot though weight not changing.

When I'm losing weight, I'm losing very little mass. But when I'm losing mass - I'm stalling.

Honest - it's all ok and perfectly normal. Stalling can go on for several weeks at a time. You know you arent eating much and it's not the wrong stuff either.... So try not to panic x

when you aren't losing weight, you ARE losing volume !

Measure and record those measurements.

When you lose the mass, your body replaces the fat with water in the cells as markers... to put fat back in when you eat more. Now, this isnt going to happen. Meantime, the water is heavier than the fat, but far less volume. So you'll be shrinking a lot though weight not changing.

When I'm losing weight, I'm losing very little mass. But when I'm losing mass - I'm stalling.

Honest - it's all ok and perfectly normal. Stalling can go on for several weeks at a time. You know you arent eating much and it's not the wrong stuff either.... So try not to panic x

thank you very much for all information :) and I know now to not panic next time and tomorrow I will measure and record :)

Hi!

I'm 4 weeks post op today and having the exact same problem. 1 week - 3kg, 2 weeks - 4kg, week 3 - 1kg, week 4 - 0.8kg!

Losing the will as im still on liquids and my calorie intake can't be more than 500/day!
Start purees on Monday! hoping that will shift it a bit!

I will start on Tuesday soft stage and I can't wait because I've had enough "baby food" (puree)

Pilar, I'll be on purées for 4 weeks, but it sounds alright as I'm allowed mac and cheese or fish pie pureed and processed down, or tuna mayo, scrambled egg etc. Not everything will be mushed carrots haha :) Think it'll get old quickly, but I'm not feeling hungry at all so it's not like I'll be craving lots of crunchy thing!

Pilar, I'll be on purées for 4 weeks, but it sounds alright as I'm allowed mac and cheese or fish pie pureed and processed down, or tuna mayo, scrambled egg etc. Not everything will be mushed carrots haha :) Think it'll get old quickly, but I'm not feeling hungry at all so it's not like I'll be craving lots of crunchy thing!

I blend everything (chicken brest, meatballs,potatoes, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, pasta, beans etc) .I miss bread and I'm looking forward to Tuesday because I have plans to try toast :eating:

Bread should not be the first thing you try, toasted or otherwise.
Think of how you would wean a baby - you wouldn't go from soft foods to a piece of toast - you'd build up to it.

Bread should not be the first thing you try, toasted or otherwise.
Think of how you would wean a baby - you wouldn't go from soft foods to a piece of toast - you'd build up to it.
interesting :confused: ... my dietitian said that I can eat toast,crisp breads,crackers,bread sticks in soft stage (just as is in the book that she gave me "...these are foods that dissolve easily/break down easily on chewing") I known that the first few days at this stage I will eat very softly cooked vegetables, meat etc, but gradually I hope get a toast :)
do you think that this is a bad idea?

Gradually is absolutely fine. You gave the impression it would be the first thing you tried :) crackerbeeads are a good place to start.

Today is my "weighing day" and I have 100g more then last week and I don't know how is possible? but I checked my measure and I have 1cm less than a few days ago.
So,today is 4 week after my surgervy and I lost approx. 8kg

Back