• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weigh In at the Bander's Cafe!

I'm glad it all went well. I fell pretty rough after my op and couldn't get the 25mls of water down when I was finally allowed in 6 hours after coming too but it passed really quickly so hopefully you'll be feeling as right as rain in no time. Mindy is right about taking it steady but hopefully a small walk will help. Be kind to yourself x

Hello All...

So I am officially a Bander now . Operation went well but I have coeliac disease and reflux so was in a lot of pain/discomfort after I woke and couldn't catch my breathe for almost 3 hours which stopped me from getting liquids down me... thank God the whole process was normal due to my issues ☺.

My doctor was fab and so happy to be home as I was 12 hours at the hospital recovering (wouldn't let me go without going the toilet). I was cool as a cucumber but the hubby was a bag of nerves lol.

Finally home and already pottering about. When I came out of theatre all I wanted to do was stand up ha! So going for a 5 mins walk today with my hubby and dogs to get the reflux/air to break down... God I feel sorry for babies when they have trapped wind, gripe water and peppermint tea are my friends today (windeze) didn't work on me for some reason.

Happy Friday everyone

Huge congratulations to you Lady, welcome to the loser bench!!

Glad you're feeling good and not in too much discomfort but as the wise ones before me said don't over do it! x

Good morning All...

So I've had a few rough days/nights but started to feel better. Hopefully this will be my first day of eating my full day of liquids as really struggled over the last few days.

I'm starting to be very conscious of having a band now and although we have been advised to keep moving I'm conscious that I don't want it to slip or get damaged ... probably just a bit of normal fear I'm guessing.

Happy Sunday!

Last edited:
That catching breath thing is awful isn't it ! I went into full panic .
Glad it all went ok though and that your back home and relaxing .. Take it easy , even though you might feel good .. Just a week of relaxing , walking , burping and farting and you will feel good .. :)

I had a fill about 10'days ago , and afterwards it felt fine .. Yesterday I would say the band felt not tight , but I was very aware of it .. After a breakfast of 1 weetabix with a bit of Alpen in it , I spent most of the day feeling bloated , like I had a brick in my tummy and couldn't eat anything else .. So maybe my band doesn't like muesli lol ! Had to settle for a bowl of tomato soup last night as I was feeling a little heady and that went in ok ..
Half a bake potato today and a smoothie and I'm still full up .. Not that I'm complaining , I think this is the perfect amount of constriction for me I hope .. Don't want to push it and get side affects but adding any more fluid to the band ..
Weigh in not till Wednesday but I hopeful to have reached my next 1/2 stone !

Oh it's horrible...

That's been the main issue for me and being able to sleep. Standing has been the most comfortable position!

That's so amazing that you've got it all under control and fingers crossed for your weigh in but I think there will only be positive results as you're completely committed...can't wait for the swelling to go down and feel like I'm on the mend!

I have to stay committed .. This is my last chance saloon .. Like my long marriage, I know I have work every day at it . It's going to be an ongoing fight to keep it stable and happy ..
Down at youngest daughters over night . She hasn't seen me for 3 weeks and just stopped dead in her tracks and stared at me .. Eyes filled up and she started to cry ! Hahaha ! Told me I looked 10 years younger and so healthy and radiant :) .. Went out for a spin on the quads and hubby got up behind me , more room in the seat and he could get his arms right round me ! Now , moments like this are what it's all about ..

Just re reading through a book I bought before my surgery .. Nutrition for gastric band wearers by Pearson and Williams
In it , it mentions how to tackle craving something sweet .. By eating foods high in chromium , it will balance blood sugar levels
But you can buy this mineral in Holland and Barrett's .. It has a good write up and just might helpful with our sugar cravings .. Nothing to lose by trying it .. :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I havnt dared go near anything remotely like chocolate or sweets .. For me at this time it's best I don't have any of it as I am scared I will get the cravings back and won't be able to help myself .. I was eating literally a carrier bag full of mixed sweets weekly , maybe less .. I would buy all those packets that were on offer for £1 , the maltesers , minstrels , revels any of them. Sugar laces , any chocolate wafers biscuits etc .. Open them all up , tip them in a carrier bag , mix them up and just sit with it , munching away while watching tv or reading ..
I can't risk that behaviour again ..
I eat those little pots of custard or rice pudding . Sometimes stir in a spoon of choc options which makes it so yummy ..
My fav at the moment is a mixed fruit pot from co op with a couple of spoons of creme fraiche .. Now that is delicious !

Where have all the Banders gone ! Don't desert us !
Another 4lb loss this week making a total of 50lbs !

congrats mindy! thats awesome news! Sorry i've gone a bit quiet. my bfs grandad isnt very well at all so we have been going back and forth to Somerset:( it hasnt been very good for my eating but managing to get back on it this week as it is half term and I have a bit more time! I made some amazing homemade curly fries the other week with my spiralizer. reallt tasty lower fat alternative! will share recipe and pics later. Hope everyone is fab, keep up the good work!

lu xx

Still here :)

Only lost 8lbs since Pre op and band but that's a massive achievement for me as I'm on my next journey with weight loss as previously lost a lot before.

Still on liquids and quite head strong, I'm lucky that I know a lot about nutrition anyway due to having a nutritionist for a while... still difficult to consume liquids for 2 weeks so looking forward to the puree stage and feeling fitter.

Xxx

WTG Mindy go girl :D keeping it going for the banders LOL
SOrry for being awol (again) been a tough few weeks emotional wise....as always its like walking a tightrope :rolleyes: one step forward and 2 back !!! anyway like lu eating has not been great.... that emotional monster has reared its ugly head again..... i lost my dad and as a result all comes back to slap you in the face o_O trying to keep a lid on it is not easy..... keep at it girls ;) x x x x mawhhhhhhhhhh

what's on my studio bench :D
GEDC0148.JPG GEDC0145.JPG GEDC0118.JPG

Omg crystal I'm so sorry about dad :( .. I've been there and it's not easy .. You just take time and work your way through it Hun and don't worry to much about your eating until you heal a little bit more .xxxx
Your new jewellery look beautiful ! Your a talented lady :)

Hi Lu !!! glad to see you !! Sounds like you've had a few hectic weeks Hun .. Love the sound of the curly fries yum ! Will watch out for the recipe ..
So pleased to hear from you both :) :):):)

Hi lady .. Any weight loss is a brilliant weight loss .. And youve lost a great deal ! Keep it up ..
I didn't mind the liquid stage to be honest as I think I needed that strictness to keep me whipped in shape .. And I still often have a protein shake instead of a meal depending on how tight my band is feeling ..
Mindy
Xxxx

WTG Mindy go girl :D keeping it going for the banders LOL
SOrry for being awol (again) been a tough few weeks emotional wise....as always its like walking a tightrope :rolleyes: one step forward and 2 back !!! anyway like lu eating has not been great.... that emotional monster has reared its ugly head again..... i lost my dad and as a result all comes back to slap you in the face o_O trying to keep a lid on it is not easy..... keep at it girls ;) x x x x mawhhhhhhhhhh

what's on my studio bench :D

View attachment 19141 View attachment 19142 View attachment 19143

Omg Crystal I am so gutted to hear about your dad, mine died when I was twenty one and I feel like it has defined my life ever since. If you need to chat we are all here for you! It sounds like youre like me, whenever I am stressed or unhappy i just want to eat endlessly all the time. Best thing i can do is eat what i want but in moderate portions to form some kind of damage control! Really am thinking of you and hope things look up xx p.s those rings are absolutely stunning xxx :)

Omg crystal I'm so sorry about dad :( .. I've been there and it's not easy .. You just take time and work your way through it Hun and don't worry to much about your eating until you heal a little bit more .xxxx
Your new jewellery look beautiful ! Your a talented lady :)

Hi Lu !!! glad to see you !! Sounds like you've had a few hectic weeks Hun .. Love the sound of the curly fries yum ! Will watch out for the recipe ..
So pleased to hear from you both :) :):):)

https://www.buzzfeed.com/alvinzhou/...s-fo?utm_term=.xm3Q4aReq&bffbtasty#.inr5nJNgX

Hi Mindy, glad youre doing so well! above is the recipe for the curly fries, I used much less oil and they still came out crispy and beautiful. really worth a try! xx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 14.36.48.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-02 at 14.36.48.png
    753.9 KB · Views: 8
They sound yummy .. Deff going to have a go at those ..

Back