• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight gain after surgery

Tracey37

When I got home today I weighed my self and I have put 6lbs back on is this normal and has anyone else had this problem x

could it be the scales are different, but it might be due to not being active and holding water etc especially as you haven't been drinking much at the moment :) try to drink more water it will soon come back off and loads more besides x

After my bypass op i weighed myself the day i got home and i was 7lbs heavier. Obvioulsy it was all the fluids that had been pumped into whilst in hospital. Mine took a week to come off once i was moving and going to the loo etc. it is a bit of a shock to weigh more once you get home but don't be fooled into thinking it is weight gain it is not!!

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

I gained 8lb whilst in hospital they said it was from the oxygen I had in me xx

It's normal, the drip you have up is more fluid than you could possibly drink! It drains away in a few days and then the weight loss begins;-)

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

After my bypass I had put 10 lb on the week after was told was quite normal with all the gas etc used during surgery :eek:

Tracey, hun your swollen and bloated - try to leave those scales alone at least for a couple of weeks , as was said to me - 'Have faith in your Sleeve' ;) xx

i put 5 lbs on and was told its the fluids xxxx see how much you lose in a week or so xxxx you wont be disapointed!

Back