• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss and clothes sizes...

honeykiss

Hi Everyone,

I have now lost 61lbs including pre op, I had my WLS on 10th |September.

Today I weight 17 stones 6lbs and I am 5ft 6".
Most of my clothes range from size 32 down to size 26

I am still wearing my same Bra's ( 48 G) , My tops feel a bit looser and my trousers feel very loose ( Mind you most of them have elasticated waists!!

I tried on a top ( Size 24) and it was too tight! I tired on some trousers a fellow WLS friend gave me in a 24 and they fit.

I obviously carry most of my weight on my boobs and belly but when will it start to disappear from there? I don't think I look much different and although I know the weight doesn't disappear overnight I am a bit disappointed I still can't really fit into smaller size tops yet!

I keep reading posts where people weigh much more than I do but can fit into size 22 tops!! I know I know I am an impatient mare lol

Any advice from fellow top heavy WLS peeps?

Wendy

Wendy sorry I can't offer any advice but I think I'll be the same as you I'm a 42 K and I think my boobs will be the last thing to go or maybe they won't go anywhere but I really hope they do.

Im sure someone will come along soon with all the answers, well done on your WL it's fab xx

I found my bum,legs and belly went first,then arms and shoulders.Boobs and face last!Was 46dd now 38e!My ribcage(under boobs)measures 34".OMG 34"!

I found my bum,legs and belly went first,then arms and shoulders.Boobs and face last!Was 46dd now 38e!My ribcage(under boobs)measures 34".OMG 34"!

Wow 34", I think my leg measures that!! Ha ha!!

I think my face looks a bit slimmer, well it doesn't look so bloated. Oh Gawd I dunno. lol

Wendy

I think my face looks a bit slimmer, well it doesn't look so bloated. Oh Gawd I dunno. lol

Wendy
your face is ok to keep, as my daughter so politely pointed out, theres no wrinkles on a balloon lol x

Wish I had a 34 waist ........ One can dream lol x

Wendy sorry I can't offer any advice but I think I'll be the same as you I'm a 42 K and I think my boobs will be the last thing to go or maybe they won't go anywhere but I really hope they do.

Im sure someone will come along soon with all the answers, well done on your WL it's fab xx

Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some of those boobs....

The thing that i have found is that now that I am loosing weight, my face is a bit more wrinkled and I seem to have dark shadows and extra skin under my eyes... I am 62 and have NEVER had wrinkes lol..

Oh PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some of those boobs....

Lol you can have the lot, I hate them. I don't have a big stomach but in certain clothes I just look square as they just fall straight at the bust area others cling round so makes them look bigger. It's hard to exercise they are always in the way :) x

I have now lost 61lbs including pre op, I had my WLS on 10th |September.

Today I weight 17 stones 6lbs and I am 5ft 6".
Most of my clothes range from size 32 down to size 26

Hi Wendy, it think it's more important to focus on how much weight you have lost which is a FANTASTIC amount !!

Unfortunately I am not top heavy, and if I was 17½ stone I would be able to wear size 24 quite easily and possibly the occasional generous 22 (I was 17.5 stone about 5 years ago -- very briefly -- didn't take me long to go back up to 18 something and 19 something).

Your size is decreasing -- you know this. Your weight is going down and your health is improving.

The weight *will* come off your bust eventually .... and you will eventually get to wear size 24, and 22 etc etc.

Don't worry so much about when -- more on the how !!!

Hi Wendy, it think it's more important to focus on how much weight you have lost which is a FANTASTIC amount !!

Unfortunately I am not top heavy, and if I was 17½ stone I would be able to wear size 24 quite easily and possibly the occasional generous 22 (I was 17.5 stone about 5 years ago -- very briefly -- didn't take me long to go back up to 18 something and 19 something).

Your size is decreasing -- you know this. Your weight is going down and your health is improving.

The weight *will* come off your bust eventually .... and you will eventually get to wear size 24, and 22 etc etc.

Don't worry so much about when -- more on the how !!!

Thanks Sharon,

Thanks for that, it is easy to lose sight of what is more important and helath V Clothes well then my health wins!

Just a bit miffed I can't buy a few new tops in Matalan with my 10% off voucher lol

On a serious note I am feeling a lot more energetic, my dog has never been walked so far and I can go up and down the stairs without thinking I am going to have a heart attack!!

Wendy x

It is suppose to be a dress size lost per 10-14lb lost.

But everyone is very different and the weight comes from all over x

It is suppose to be a dress size lost per 10-14lb lost.

But everyone is very different and the weight comes from all over x[/

I hope I'm not different would be nice for every stone to be a dress size x

Peterborough Guy said:
:rotflmao:I dont get these female stats?:rotflmao:

The gist is Amy is very well blessed (or not to her) and some of us others are blessed, but not nearly as much lol

The rest is dress sizes :)

Peterborough Guy said:
Oh i see, well maybe a before and after pic would be best for people haha :8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

You terror!!! Lol

Lol I am blushing x

Back