• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss and height gain question

Jaybo78

Half the man i used to be
bit of an odd question for you all. i was chatting to some of my work colleagues today and they were talking asking how i may look physically after i have lost a significant amount of weight. one asked if i would be taller, which i wasn’t too sure how to answer. I’m 5'11'' now and i know that people tend to stoop a bit when carrying a significant amount of weight, and the optical illusion of being slimmer makes you appear taller. but do you actually stand a few cm taller some time after surgery, and if so how much on average have you gained?

I wouldn't have thought you would be taller you may loose a little bit but won't know till it happens. Peeps say they have lost shoe sizes. I haven't lost sizes as such in shoes just my feet are narrower, n shoes now too wide. xx

LOL I stand differently now I am less heavy. I was 5ft 8 and now I am 5ft 7 ... I feel like my hubby protects me now rather than me overshadowing him. Maybe the soles of my feet and top of my head were covered in extra padding :8855:

when osing weight i always go down a size in shoes

Well when I was a teenager and under 17 stone, I was 5ft 4in. In my adulthood, and over 22st I was 5ft 3in. I'm only 31 (so its not my age), so hopefully I'll get that inch back - will help with my bmi goal, lol.

I wonder!! have often wondered about the shoe size too as I have gone from a 6 to an 8!! I have some lovely size 6's still in the wardrobe hoping to be worn!

I was measured at the hospital last Thursday and asked them to do it again as I have gained a centimeter. I was 5ft 10 and now I'm 5ft10.5ins lol.
My feet were size 9 wide and are now size 7/7.5 normal.
I thought I had a very short neck and when I look at photos my ear lobes were practically on my shoulders. yesterday I noticed that I actually have quite a long neck !
I think it's a combination of the skeleton expanding having put the great weight down and also standing tall as I've been walking hunched up since I was 9 (skinny not fat) as I was always embarrassed about my height. I stand straight now- and wear high heels
xx
p.s. Wendy has gained about 2 inches I think!!

I was measured at the hospital last Thursday and asked them to do it again as I have gained a centimeter. I was 5ft 10 and now I'm 5ft10.5ins lol.
My feet were size 9 wide and are now size 7/7.5 normal.
I thought I had a very short neck and when I look at photos my ear lobes were practically on my shoulders. yesterday I noticed that I actually have quite a long neck !
I think it's a combination of the skeleton expanding having put the great weight down and also standing tall as I've been walking hunched up since I was 9 (skinny not fat) as I was always embarrassed about my height. I stand straight now- and wear high heels
xx
p.s. Wendy has gained about 2 inches I think!!

Yes I have!
I was 161cm and am now 165cm :D
I have lost 158lb

That's amazing you know. I'm pretty amazed with my half inch but 4cms is astounding !

I hope I get taller, after a life time of being the shortest in the family. Even if it's only an inch

I'm just under halfway through weight loss but I have already had to lower my crutches a notch as I felt I was dragging them quite a bit. So I suppose that would make me shorter lol x

Back