• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon weight loss

loz31uk

hi all not been on for a while but i had my balloon inserted 3 weeks ago today got weighed after first week and lost a stone which was really pleased with then 2nd week 1lb which wasnt as excited but was still a loss now been weighed today and stayed the same which feel really upset :cry: ive been really good eating healthily so just wanted to know what other ppl who has had balloon lost and what they ate etc thanks :)

Loz,

I can't advise what other "ballooners" might have lost, but don't worry so much about individual weeks.

You have lost a stone over 3 weeks, and as so much of it was in your first week, it is probably just your body trying to catch up.

Don't fret or stress about it -- in fact, consider weighing just evey 2 weeks, not every 7 days -- you are almost sure to see another few pounds drop if you wait 14 days to weigh again.

Best wishes,
Sharon

hi sharon thanks for the advice hun yea think i will try that a few ppl have said they lost a bit first week then stayed same for a week or 2 then started to lose again so hopefully its the same with me x

I lost 11lb first week and nothing 2week, body went into starvation mode, drink plenty and eat little and often and it'll soon shift. I'm now 6months in and gone from 233lbs to 184 lbs.
I have strayed over the Xmas period but try and remain focused on more fluids and regular dietary intake and it'll start moving again.

thanks nicola ive started to drinking more as thought it would be to do with that thanks for the advice hun x

hi sunny69 ive had my balloon in just over 8weeks and lost 2st 3lbs it feels great still got 4 month to go and hoping to lose alot more i agree with nicola drink plenty and eat little xx

Wow Loz, that's amazing.... well done you - very inspiring!

I had my balloon in at Sunderland on 3rd Feb and got weighed at GP on 14th - had lost 7kg so was well pleased! But I threw out my scales before xmas so will have to wait until I see Kim on 8th March for my check up to see if I've lost any more. I'm not fretting though - just enjoying not being hungry all the time!

Are you managing the fluids? - I just can't seem to get the 2 ltrs in at all. Probably only having 1 ltr at best.

well done novamay thats great yea im like you with fluids but trying to make sure i get as much as poss x

hi all not been on for a while but i had my balloon inserted 3 weeks ago today got weighed after first week and lost a stone which was really pleased with then 2nd week 1lb which wasnt as excited but was still a loss now been weighed today and stayed the same which feel really upset :cry: ive been really good eating healthily so just wanted to know what other ppl who has had balloon lost and what they ate etc thanks :)
HI Loz,

where did you have your balloon fitted if you dont mind me asking? x

you are doing so well keep going. x

hi hollymarie i had my balloon done in sunderland royal hospital hun had it in 15 weeks and lost 3st 5lb xx

thanks goofy07 feel so much better now ive lost alot more xx

im sure you will do it hun if i can anyone can good luck with it xx

Hi Loz,
i am so pleased i revisited this thread! last time i posted on here i was pre-op and convinced it was going to be an easy ride with regrds to the weight loss!how wrong!! i had my balloon fitted 3 weeks ago today and have been really upset as i lost 9lb the first week, then gained 2lbs back on week 2, then another 2lbs on in week 3!!! i am absolutely gutted! Novamay has been very helpful and advised to drink more water (which i am now doing) but i have been really upset about it! re-reading your thread has given me a little boost as you said week 2 and 3 you hardly saw any movement but have now lost a few stone! it has given me hope! thank you x

hi hollymarie im pleased its given you a little boost hun yea novamay is right drink plenty ive stayed the same the last 2 weeks but ive got 8weeks left before balloon due to be removed and ive lost 3st 6lb so im happy just try not to be too upset hun i know its easy said than done but stay positive and im sure you will lose hun im here if you need to talk ok xx

hi hollymarie im pleased its given you a little boost hun yea novamay is right drink plenty ive stayed the same the last 2 weeks but ive got 8weeks left before balloon due to be removed and ive lost 3st 6lb so im happy just try not to be too upset hun i know its easy said than done but stay positive and im sure you will lose hun im here if you need to talk ok xx

thank you, appreciate it x

spatz gastric balloon

Hi there
Is there anyone who has had spatz gastric baloon fitted please?
I have searched on the web, but not found much info about the spatz!
please can someone send some info?

xxx
mary

Hi nampan, I had my spatz fitted on Saturday. please feel free to ask whatever you wish.

Hi fellow ballooners, I had my balloon fitted Aug 12 in Manchester. Ended up in hospital after 5 weeks of being constantly very sick and dehydrated. had 4 days in hospital then back to Manchester to have some fluid taken out. Which thankfully did the trick and I've been good since. I've lost 3 and half stone. I do find I am eating more than I was before xmas which worries me but am trying to eat little. One thing I have found is if I don't eat through the day then have something later on I end up with herendous acid reflux and then violently sick which isn't pleasent. The stinky burps are a nightmare my hubby and sons are sick of me and I haven't had a full nights sleep since having it in. On saying all that I'd still have it done again, I can fit into clothes I haven't worn for 6/7 years. I was a size 20 now I'm a 16 it is a fantastic feeling and worth all the sickness and discomfort.

Back