• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric Balloon weight loss

Hi there
Is there anyone who has had spatz gastric baloon fitted please?
I have searched on the web, but not found much info about the spatz!
please can someone send some info?

xxx
mary

Hi Mary read my thread below regarding spatz. Jax x

Balloon

Hi ya :)I'm waiting to get my balloon inserted. I'm in Dublin. Anyone else in Dublin having or had it done?
I'm having it put in sat 9th feb.
Looking forward to it.
The thoughts of it!
I was almost 20stone two years ago.
Lost weight diet and exercise. Down to 15 stone, then put on 13lb. But I've lost 12lb in the past three weeks, want to loose as much as possible before I get the balloon in!!!!!
Worried will I loose the weight. It's tough.
Any info or help welcome!!!!
I haven't told anyone I'm getting it done yet! Except my husband!!!!!!
Thanks
C

Hi cb 4, I am in Galway. Where are you getting it done? I went to the UK as I wanted a 12 month balloon . And I wasn't all that happy with what was on offer in Ireland. Best of luck and any questions please feel free to ask.

Xxx

Hi jax 25, all good, no issues. I have not been sick. I had a 500 no fill to!!! Glad all settling down for you.

Hi cb 4, I am in Galway. Where are you getting it done? I went to the UK as I wanted a 12 month balloon . And I wasn't all that happy with what was on offer in Ireland. Best of luck and any questions please feel free to ask.

Xxx

Hi ya
I'm going to auralia in south Dublin.
I need the support so I decided it was best for me to stay close to home to get the support I need with it.
Have u lost much with it? When did u get it fitted?
Thanks cx

I wanted the cbt surrounding why I eat too so that was a deciding feature. I lost a stone in the first week and have not surprisingly stalled just now but hanging in there. I had it fitted on the 19 th so not long.

Good woman!!! A stone is great !!!

I can't wait to start moving down the scale!!!
In the gym 3-4 days a week. Haven't a clue how hard it will be when I get the balloon!!! Hopefully it will be ok. Have cut out all Chochlate and goodies so hopefully by next weekend it will be easier!!!!
Can't wait!!!!
Although I'm not sure if I should be telling family I'm having it done!!! Don't get much help with the kids from them so it wouldn't be any easier in that way!!! Don't see any reason to tell them! Wouldn't get support either

I have told a few people. My Hubble, two friends and I was attending a counsellor I am attending for my over eating. I don't believe others would understand and therefore don't need to know. Good luck with the procedure. Mine went really well and luckily I am having no issues tolerating the balloon. Hope it works for you.

Thanks

Every bit shared is a help!!! This day next week I will have it in. Also plan to have the hubbie take the weighing scales out n hide it coz I'm a compulsive weigher!!!!
On slimming tea and all at the minute trying to loose as much as possible before sat!!!!

I admire your will power. I was in new Orleans stuffing my face the week before. Good luck with the procedure!

RoseMcnose

Thanks a million!!!
Only 4 more days left :) can't wait! Super nervous now :)

RoseMcnose

Thanks a million!!!
Only 4 more days left :) can't wait! Super nervous now :)

Are getting ballon on Thursday? Me too but in Glasgow :D x

"femfrankie

Hi ya
I'm going in Saturday morning :)
Can't wait but I'm nervous too!!!!
Good luck! Only 2 days left for u!
Let me know how u get on, fingers crossed we will be in and out in no time and ready to kick this weight in the ass!!!!! :)
Go us :)

I am a bag of nerves at the moment stomach is churning big style! We will get there together :) x

femfrankie
Just read your story!!!!!
Good on ye! Positive attitude will keep us going!!!
I've lost 5stone myself no help and now can't keep going! So I'm going in for the balloon!
Have just booked it and told only my hubby.
I hope to loose 3-4 stone and be close to a goal weight then! So fingers crossed.
But my heads still wandering how its going to happen! Will it or won't it??????
We will see next week :)

Thank you cb4. Kinda stuck now with weight loss which I think is down to fluid retention. My fruesomide has decided it's not go into work this week and my legs feel like drums:(.. I think it's stress related as I am so tense about balloon procedure lol just can't wait now for it all to be over ;) xx

"femfrankie

I'm going in Saturday morning to have mine done so the hubbie doesn't need to take any time off work, hopefully!!!
You will be grand! Try drinking more water today and tomorrow coz I'd say Thursday u will find it hard to drink much! So u will be fairly dehydrated Thursday, I asume!!!
We will all support each other on here and within a few days u will be loosing again :)
Good luck xx

Guys, get yourself Hartley low calorie jelly, a multi pack of mini bottles of water. Yogurts, lots of pocket packs of tissues. Some nice soup. Have lots of pillows. Get some skim milk in for at cup of tea when you are ready for it. Low fat fromagefrais is filling too. That's what got me through week one!

Good luck guys.

RoseMcnose

Thanks for the tips!! Will deffo have to get some jelly. Any tips are great :) xx

Back