• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight management

Maphillips

I I have to go through rotherhams institute of obesity RIO and was wondering if any one has been through it reading there web site looks like I have to be there for six months and jump through all the loops to get put forward
Any advice on how to get a bypas I would be greatful
Thanks

I I have to go through rotherhams institute of obesity RIO and was wondering if any one has been through it reading there web site looks like I have to be there for six months and jump through all the loops to get put forward
Any advice on how to get a bypas I would be greatful
Thanks

Not sure if it works the same as Sheffield but I was also told I needed 6 mnths with weight management, which turned into 3 :) I had to go to see them every week but it was when we had all the snow so in fact I only went 7 times, the rest they rang me. I lost 17lbs by following their advice & as it was over Christmas they were very happy. I made it clear when I went that I wanted surgery as I had been on every diet known to man. They were very helpful & supportive & at the end of 1weeks they referred me to Mr Ackroyd. Hope all goes well for you, Mark ... just be compliant & do as they ask as they do wield quite a bit of power xx :)

jump through those hoops :)

I went to the Sheffield one about 5 years ago and found them ok I have heard Rotherham one which is only 3 yes old is quite strict and don't like to refer me ackroyd said good luck with rio so I feel he is not to keen on them my appointment letter says I have a referral to sleep apnea clinic but I know I have it I use a cpap machine found out this before my band op it's just as if they don't read my notes but going to see them wish I lived five miles down the road as mr ackroyd said would have been done by march now looks like November

I went to the Sheffield one about 5 years ago and found them ok I have heard Rotherham one which is only 3 yes old is quite strict and don't like to refer me ackroyd said good luck with rio so I feel he is not to keen on them my appointment letter says I have a referral to sleep apnea clinic but I know I have it I use a cpap machine found out this before my band op it's just as if they don't read my notes but going to see them wish I lived five miles down the road as mr ackroyd said would have been done by march now looks like November

Chin up, hon :) at least you will get it even if it is a bit longer to wait ... cold comfort I know but there are quite a few that are just not even getting funding so things are really getting strict :wave_cry: xxx

I know I think it's so wrong if your a smoker you can go cold turkey and stop same for alcoholic but you have to eat that's why it's so hard and they get all the help

i honestly feel there should be a rehab for people like us who it has got so bad for it is threatening their life co morbidities etc i've argued it for years what is the difference an addict is an addict food drink or drugs :(

Alternatives!Thats what helped me.Find lower fat/sugar foods and have nothing else in the house.There are good foods everywhere at reasonable prices.Plus cutting portion size.These will be your life long friends post op so start now.Maz x

Thanks doing most off that don't have a chip pan and every thing is low fat and low sugar but I did increase my portion size when band came out I know it's wrong but fighting it

portion sizes were a big problem for me you'd think i worked as a coal miner or something the amount i made but first thing i did when i was accepted was buy a smaller plate and i only fill the middle don't go near the rim :) at the moment don't even eat all that but good habit to get into xx

Back