• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight not coming off quick enough..

Sorry dont like to sound like a madam but I was thinking maybe it's my diet... This is a typical 3 days for me can someone tell me if I'm going wrong :

Day 1
Breakfast - weetabix x2 skimmed milk
Lunch - ryvita x2 with x2 boiled egg & cheese
Evening meal -chicken curry lowfat

Day 2
Breakfasts - coco pops small handful with skimmed milk
Lunch -omelette 2egg, ham & cheese
Evening meal - spaghetti bolognese with cheese

Day3
Breakfast -muesli breAkfast bar with skinny latte
Lunch - ryvita with cheese and2 egg boiled
Evening meal - tuna salad

How much cheese? Low fat? Do you know how much protein / carbs / calories you are having?

Hi Sweetie
Im having same problem had a good chat on another thread
My cals per day are about 800 so decided its way to low and I am upping to 1100
had a lot of advice from TK forum master and the thread is well worth a read
Good LUck xxx

how much are you losing? And what size portions are you having? There's a lot of cheese, a lot of carbs and minimal protein and that could be slowing down weight loss too

i would add ive done the same thing as you because cheese has protein in and its something different to meat im having lots of it! But i think the two of us need to trim down on the cheese. If your after something instead of cheese or whatever try scrambled egg, a turkey sausage or maybe get some mattesons double dippers x

Thought I would share what I'm having with you

Breakfast
1 Oats so simple sachet
semi skimmed milk
or Special K with a few blueberries and milk

Lunch
Tuna or cottage cheese
Mixed tossed salad
2 crackerbread

Dinner
Small amount of chicken or larger portion white fish
or Tuna or omelette
Mixed veg..usually broccoli, few peas
mashed swede and carrot

Ive tended to cut out all bread and potato for now..I try to restrict my carbs to a minimum

Snacks if I have them would be
Wafer thin chicken or ham
Sometime a dairylea light on a cracker bread

RainbowSprinkles just wanted to say your stats are fantastic and you have done brilliantly, well done xxx

Thanks for the advice the cheese isnt low fat i just thought of it as protein lol mayb thats whats holding me back.. i am going to cut out the cheese intake.. also ive only just realised how many carbs i am actually eating so shall be stopping that also. Protein will now come first.. protein foods are chicken/steak/fish/milk/egg arent they? I think i need a dietician appt to remind me lol. Altho i cabt complain already lost over 7 stone.. gets harder tho the less you have to loos!! Thanks guys xxxx

7 stones is brill! Sometimes it's just good to take a step back isn't it? Onwards and downwards methinks now xxx

I reached that 'magical 6 month post-op and my weight loss screeched to an almost halt. I am losing half the amount - if that - that I was losing in the months before. But my clothes size has dropped over the past couple of months at a faster rate than in the previous 6 months.

I had become a bit of a cheddar Baby Bel junkie so have switched to the Edam lite ones for a couple of weeks.

Nice to see you back Lincs Lass. Im the same, got to the 6 months point and its now a long slow slog!

Thanks for the advice the cheese isnt low fat i just thought of it as protein lol mayb thats whats holding me back.. i am going to cut out the cheese intake.. also ive only just realised how many carbs i am actually eating so shall be stopping that also. Protein will now come first.. protein foods are chicken/steak/fish/milk/egg arent they? I think i need a dietician appt to remind me lol. Altho i cabt complain already lost over 7 stone.. gets harder tho the less you have to loos!! Thanks guys xxxx

A couple of hints with cheese - buy a lower fat one, but a strong tasting one and use the smallest grater size, that way you need much less but have a string flavour so it stops you needing to have too much. :)

But protein foods - chicken, turkey, prawns, white fish and tuna are all good protein sources but also low fat. Eggs are but sone providers suggest no more than 3 a week did to fat contents. Lean beef is ok, but some people find red meat much harder to tolerate with a band. Quorn us also another good protein but low fat source :)

You've done great and yes, if does slow down, :)

Wow, just been reading your posts, can I ask how much you have in your bands?

I only ask because I'm eating so much more than what you are, even though I have 8.75 in a 10ml band, and getting very little restriction

Thanks

I'm same my weight is slow my menu today

Breakfast - fruit and natural yog,

Dinner- mackrol - salad
10 cal jelly .

Tea- jacket small with tuna and sweet corn in mustard sauce .

Drinks - 3 coffees
1 small bottle water
Mint options drink

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I have 7ml in a 10ml band. All my meals are on a lunch plate and now my head thinks it is a huge amount! This is a typical day:

Breakfast danio yoghurt or natural yog with fresh raspberries

Lunch 2 nairns gluten free oak cakes, big scoop of Philadelphia light, slice ham or chicken. Few carrot sticks

Dinner half a ready meal (300kcals) handful steamed broccoli

Snacks banana at 4pm, milky coffees about 3 per day 70cals, Horlicks light before bed

About a litre or so of water

Back