• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long stall - getting frustrated!

I just wanted to add something , i was on a 3 week stall at just 4 months out. I increased my food intake to 1200 cals ( pre any work out ) and started doing HIIT sessions on the cross trainer, bike and treadmill at the gym . My god it is hard and i could easily do a 30 min session on any ofnthe above mentioned equipment but doing the high intensity wears me out and has me sweating so much . I can only cope with 20 mins on each but my calorie burn has increased by about 30% and i have lost 4 lbs since starting this programe. My only issue is my net clas drop to 600 -800 per day , not sure if this is a problem, maybe you can advise Karlos?

You do need to increase your intake when you're working out hard, and HIIT means you'll need a little more protein to ensure your recovery from hitting your muscles so hard. I'd go for at least 80g a day protein and your residual calories should be around 900. So if you're burning 300 extra during your 20 minutes of HIIT then you'd want to go for 1100 at least. I see you're eating and burning more than this example though, just don't drop below 900 usable calories post workout

Sounds like you know what you're doing honey but be careful at just four months out it's easy to over train. A slight stall between four and six months out is very common so don't worry you'll crack it, also you didn't have as much to lose as some so your loss will be spread over the year rather than a huge loss early out. Very good luck with this xxx

DO NOT tell Sarah about the fage yoghurt/whey powder thing under any circumstances - I'm gonna win this effing race to kick the stall! :D

Ahhh thanks Karlos , i sort of knew i needed to up the protien but i find on the days that i train ( every other ) i am less hungry than my non training days. I think nuts and seed are going to be my answer , i was eating these before christmas but seem to have got out of the habit.

karlos is the KING OF WL SURGERY !!!!!!
what would we all do with out you KARLOS!!!!!!
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GOD KNOWS I NEED IT RIGHT NOW X
feeling really really low and unhappy 13 days after opp i should be feeling great but im missing food so much missing going out to eat with my friends and everynight on telly its all food adds its really getting to me last night i even wished i didnt have the opp !
just finding in really hard right now to get anything into me its like i just cant be arsed to eat or drink is this nom?????

karlos is the KING OF WL SURGERY !!!!!!
what would we all do with out you KARLOS!!!!!!
THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GOD KNOWS I NEED IT RIGHT NOW X
feeling really really low and unhappy 13 days after opp i should be feeling great but im missing food so much missing going out to eat with my friends and everynight on telly its all food adds its really getting to me last night i even wished i didnt have the opp !
just finding in really hard right now to get anything into me its like i just cant be arsed to eat or drink is this nom?????

Buyers remorse is very very common Sammy so worry not it's perfectly normal. At first we are just grateful to have woken up post op and still be breathing LOL, and they don't call the first week post op hell week for nothing. We are in pain our bellies are full of holes and gas and we've lost our best mate, the one thing that never let us down, food. However we are still over the moon that we have this chance to be slim and that makes the first week bearable.

Suddenly however a few days later we realise that this thing that we have done is forever, we will never be able to eat the huge mega feast feeding frenzies that we used to enjoy, and that makes us a little sad. Add to that our hypothalamus telling us we are hungry when food is the last thing on our minds and well it's not surprising that we feel a bit down in the dumps is it?

It gets better trust me, a few weeks from now you'll look and feel great and this will be a distant memory. Keep smiling honeybunch xxx

Go for it Sammyc - the fage total 0% yoghurt that Karlos recommends is lovely and very filling, and if you add some flavoured protein powder it feels really indulgent! My personal favourite at the moment is PHD Diet Whey chocolate orange flavoured - not cheap but tastes great and soon sorts out any cravings for sweet foods. Best of luck!

Go for it Sammyc - the fage total 0% yoghurt that Karlos recommends is lovely and very filling, and if you add some flavoured protein powder it feels really indulgent! My personal favourite at the moment is PHD Diet Whey chocolate orange flavoured - not cheap but tastes great and soon sorts out any cravings for sweet foods. Best of luck!

That Fage/protein powder concoction was one of the big secrets of my success, I'm not sure I should have shared it with you lot :D:D:D When you're further out and the chocolate cravings come in hard, protein bars are a great way to satisfy your craving whilst still being really good to yourself. The fact that they are not cheap also helps stop over indulgence too. Damn another secret revealed :D:D

That gob of yours is going to get you into trouble!! Seriously, I know it's only day 3 of my new regime but it's jolted me into eating loads more, and hopefully some success! Ta!

Buyers remorse is very very common Sammy so worry not it's perfectly normal. At first we are just grateful to have woken up post op and still be breathing LOL, and they don't call the first week post op hell week for nothing. We are in pain our bellies are full of holes and gas and we've lost our best mate, the one thing that never let us down, food. However we are still over the moon that we have this chance to be slim and that makes the first week bearable.

Suddenly however a few days later we realise that this thing that we have done is forever, we will never be able to eat the huge mega feast feeding frenzies that we used to enjoy, and that makes us a little sad. Add to that our hypothalamus telling us we are hungry when food is the last thing on our minds and well it's not surprising that we feel a bit down in the dumps is it?

It gets better trust me, a few weeks from now you'll look and feel great and this will be a distant memory. Keep smiling honeybunch xxx

Karlos - You are so supportive, you know you could earn heeps of dosh - set your self up as a WLS post op advisor - I havent got to the point of being glad yet - but its coming i hope !!

I so didn't realise that Fage was Greek yogurt. I love greek yogurt. I shall be having a trip to Asda later today. Can you buy the protein powder stuff in places like Holland and Barrett. We have a small gym in the village which sells protein stuff but I bet it's very expensive in there. I only lose about a pound a week and that shows it's self as 3lb every 3 weeks so I'm in the same boat too really.

Thanks Karlos you're such a star.

Kate x

Holland and Barrett often do great deals on powder and they are often cheaper than local gyms. I'm lucky as I live near SK Sports Sports Nutrition | Testosterone Boosters | Fat Burners | Pre-workouts | SK Sport and they sell hundreds of different bars and powders (You can buy on line) and the guys in there are really helpful. I don't go in too often as it costs me a shed load of cash every time I do LOL

Kate I get mine from holland & Barrett or GNC - not cheap like Karlos says but the more expensive ones have better flavours! It's so much cheaper in the States, I'm going to take an empty holdall next time I'm working over there and come back laden with the stuff!! Plus they do mad flavours over there - they would!! :) If you are on a budget, several larger supermarkets also stock whey protein but be sure to check the protein content is high. Hope you're well, keep up the good work!! X

DO NOT tell Sarah about the fage yoghurt/whey powder thing under any circumstances - I'm gonna win this effing race to kick the stall! :D

Too late!!!!:8855:

I'm off to find some...never tried either before, but if it works "I'm in!"

Well Sarah I had 120g Fage with 1/2 scoop of protein whey powder in it for breakfast and I'm still full! I'm going to jump up and down to make room for lunch!! I have to say, the total 0% is so rich, I dread to think how rich the 2% fat one is!!!!

Also off to buy some smaller jeans - I'm on a first aid course all day tomorrow and the idea of me showing my builders bum in these baggy-waisted jeans as I bend over to do CPR is horrifying for all concerned!! Might need to resuscitate a few for real after that!! :eek:

i tried a protein bar and it upset my stomach but that was a few weeks ago so i might try again now everyone is going on about them :) and i have never tried greek yoghurt is it very sour or is that another one i'm thinking of :)

i tried a protein bar and it upset my stomach but that was a few weeks ago so i might try again now everyone is going on about them :) and i have never tried greek yoghurt is it very sour or is that another one i'm thinking of :)

Not at all sour I find Angie, it's very very thick and creamy, and seems as if it ought to be very bad for you!! It sort of has the consistency of cream cheese. I'm loving it!

Thanks snagglepuss i'll get some later :) i've got some whey strawberry protein powder so will try one with and one without x not at the same time though

Like Karlos I love Fage/Protein powder but if you struggle with the taste which I do add some splenda sweetner to taste. I dilute the tabs in a 1/2 tablespoon skimmed milk Fage is thick enough to take a little milk without you noticing. I make all sorts of things with Fage too e.g salad dressings, use it with eggs for a crustless quiche it really boosts your protein. That and protein powder used inventively (lol) has been my life saver throughout these 3 years. I had 2 major stalls and never lost fast so all of the tools Karlos suggests were in play for me too. You might like to look on some of the USA wls sites as they have more long termers with vast experience and I find them invaluable to enhance my knowledge. This type of information is often lacking in the UK in such depth just as there is not such a long term history of the bypass etc. I also find that I have often been pre-warned and therefore pre-armed in respect to potential problems, little tricks and tips, solutions etc.

M

Back