• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long stall - getting frustrated!

we will crack this Sarah!! (I just cooked a yummy frittata with eggs, tuna, broccoli, tomato, cottage cheese, garlic, herbs, onion, halloumi, jalapenos, seasoning and a sprinkle of cheddar on top - crammed with protein and bloomin lovely!! I made a batch so will slice it up when cold, and use for packed lunches with salad.) Good luck, WLS Twin! x

No stopping me now Karlos - you've created a monster!!!!

we will crack this Sarah!! (I just cooked a yummy frittata with eggs, tuna, broccoli, tomato, cottage cheese, garlic, herbs, onion, halloumi, jalapenos, seasoning and a sprinkle of cheddar on top - crammed with protein and bloomin lovely!! I made a batch so will slice it up when cold, and use for packed lunches with salad.) Good luck, WLS Twin! x

Mmmm! that sounds delicious. I should really be more creative when at home, however I think as a caterer I do it all day long, I enjoy cooking for my family but when it comes to my dinner I'm bored and don't really fancy anything at the moment...but I'm going to kick myself up the butt and get this done!!

Get a grip Sarah - you don't want me to overtake you now, do you??! :8855:

Karlos ... just a quick question :) Do you know if there are any of these calorie counter sites that are geared towards WLS peeps? My Fitness Pal is great but it is not really for us ... just normal dieters. Thanks in advance, hon xxx :):)

Nope sorry hun. I used them purely as a personal log to record what I was ingesting and burning, everything else I used specific WLS forums, web research and the information I got from the NUTs who I saw professionally and through support groups.

I adjusted the logging site recommendations and advice to fit in with my requirements

Nope sorry hun. I used them purely as a personal log to record what I was ingesting and burning, everything else I used specific WLS forums, web research and the information I got from the NUTs who I saw professionally and through support groups.

I adjusted the logging site recommendations and advice to fit in with my requirements

Hmmmm ... could be an opening in the market for someone, lol ... thanks Karlos, I am doing just fine with MFP but just wondered xxx :):)

hi karlos sorry to jump in but u seem to know so much i just wanted to ask for some help i had my opp 9 days ago and feel great im on the soup stage and im making my own can u tell me if this sounds ok what im having everyday please
wake up-small coffee
1pm-small bowl of home made veg soup
(carrots swede broc leek pasnip colli small pot and 4 oxo cubes)
3pm glass of milk
6pm small bowl of veg soup
9pm mug of warm milk
how does that sound to you or anyone

OK I'm now logging my intake on My Fitness Pal. Works for me as I can do it on my Iphone when I'm working away, thanks all for your help! I'm "back in the zone" and determined to shock my system into doing something! :)

hi karlos sorry to jump in but u seem to know so much i just wanted to ask for some help i had my opp 9 days ago and feel great im on the soup stage and im making my own can u tell me if this sounds ok what im having everyday please
wake up-small coffee
1pm-small bowl of home made veg soup
(carrots swede broc leek pasnip colli small pot and 4 oxo cubes)
3pm glass of milk
6pm small bowl of veg soup
9pm mug of warm milk
how does that sound to you or anyone

Sounds like you're not having any food until 1pm? That's too late. I'd have some Greek yoghurt chewed really well for breakfast or milk you could even have a slim-fast or protein shake.

Other than that it looks OK as long as the veg in the soups is mashed to liquid rather than lumpy. Milk is your friend as you seem to be getting it down OK and it's a good source of protein too.

I seem to have spent my entire day filling my face with food and drink, and keeping tally on myfitnesspal, it's already apparent that I was eating way too little!! I've had:

A big breakfast of fage 0% yoghurt with protein powder and also egg & cheese tortilla.

a mid-morning snack of 2 melba toasts with a babybel,

Lunch was mixed salad with a baby new potato baked in it's skin, with more tortilla with tuna and cheese.

A mid afternoon snack of mixed nuts

and i have had my evening meal already as I'm busy tonight, which was lean grilled rib eye steak, a baked baby new potato in skin, mixed salad.........

That brings me to a total of 60g of protein so far, and I've still not quite made 900 calories - will have to work on increasing my portion sizes! I will have more Fage yoghurt and whey when I get home tonight to bring the figures up.

I have also had 1.5 litres of water and a cup of tea, will do at least another 500ml tonight.

PS - when I say tortilla, I don't mean as in flour wraps, I mean solid omelette!!

Karlos i think you could write a book about this :) but i haven't really thought about not eating enough in the morning i tend to eat more in afternoon and evening and then after checking on calorie count usually about 850/950 cals a day i try to drink a lot of tea with skimmed milk no sugar or sweetener ...and water i don't really like any kind of squash ,, thanks for all the advise you give xx

Karlos ... just a quick question :) Do you know if there are any of these calorie counter sites that are geared towards WLS peeps? My Fitness Pal is great but it is not really for us ... just normal dieters. Thanks in advance, hon xxx :):)

HTML:
http://www.shapeupclub.com/default.aspx

One of the apps I have on my phone is 'shape up' club. There is also a website. As it allows you to set up whatever goals you want I find it incredibly flexible as you can track protein or anything you want. It may be useful - you will still get calorie warnings but it will allow you to do it.

I have never paid for it - although there is a membership option as well, i got it for free.
Hope this helps?

Karlos i think you could write a book about this :) but i haven't really thought about not eating enough in the morning i tend to eat more in afternoon and evening and then after checking on calorie count usually about 850/950 cals a day i try to drink a lot of tea with skimmed milk no sugar or sweetener ...and water i don't really like any kind of squash ,, thanks for all the advise you give xx

LOL I might just do that

It's just better to spread your intake over the day, it keeps your metabolism fuel and firing and stops you getting hunger pangs where you might be tempted to overeat as a result. 950 cals is right on the minimum limit your body needs just to keep it alive, any less and it will try to hold onto its fat stores in case of a period of famine. We were designed to do this as God didn't expect Supermarkets to be on every street corner when we were still killing dinosaurs LOL

ha ha thanks again Karlos :) seriously though i think you should look into it , you have a very unique ability to tell things how they are and it would be a no bones spared story but extremely factual and what anybody thinking of the surgery should read warts an all :)

At the risk of interloping on this thread....

Can I ask Karlos to look at my days food to see if there's anywhere I could tweak.....I'm hoping to get back on track and lose 18lbs in the next 7 weeks

breakfast..wholemeal toast, primula cheese & ham
mid morning ...a banana
lunch...tuna with mayo and a small salad
mid afternoon...2 small slice ham,handful raisin & dried cherry mix
dinner...half a grilled gammon steak, 12 oven cooked french fries and a sm spoon of peas
I'm planning on having a glass of milk later

I've drank 1.5 litres of water and had 2 half cups of tea

Totted up my calories about 1050 and protein about 103gs

Exercise wise ( from doing nothing but chasing around at work)
Now doing
1 hour private swimming lesson (continuous swim)
1 hour fun session swimming
1 hour Zumba

Also hoping to go to the gym ( using bike, treadmill and rower) twice a week realistically 30 min sessions - from Monday

Looks ok to me Sarah though I'd drop the french fries for maybe some brown rice or half jacket potato with skin. I'd also have grapes instead of dried fruit because of the high sugar content in dried fruit, but it's not a big deal. Make sure it's low fat Primula and mayo and it looks ok.

Thanks Karlos, I know the fries were naughty and I enjoy baked potatoes. The primula and mayo are low fat too so I'm almost there.

You need to start a surgery :)

A little naughty is good I find LOL

Back