• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Long stall - getting frustrated!

snagglepuss

No regrets!!
I wondered if anyone can help me figure out why I've been stalled for over 6 weeks now? I will show you what I ate today, to give an idea of my intake:

Breakfast: 1 egg omelette with onion & mushroom

Snack: banana

Lunch: lamb cutlet (tiny bit bigger than a babybel) & handful of peanuts for dessert

Snack : 2 melba toasts with cheese

Dinner: Chicken pieces (equates to about 1/2 a breast), 3 aunt bessies mash pieces, 3 sprouts, gravy

1.5 litres of water with NAS squash, plus 3 cups of tea with skimmed milk

(I usually have an egg-based breakfast, or very occasionally do a slice of wholemeal toast with peanut butter but never can eat the whole slice) and sometimes have a coffee with Marvel, babybel, peanuts or a protein drink as a snack. I always have meat or soya protein at lunch and dinner)

Anyone got any suggestions or clues?? I'm probably missing something obvious but it's really beginning to get on my nerves now!! :mad:

Thanks!! :sigh:

Do you exercise, snagglepuss? If yes, maybe increase it or change it, if not, maybe start! :) Otherwise, I don't know..your details don't show your weight (starting, present or loss) so it's hard to judge.

See my ticker - it clearly shows my loss.

I have same issue...lost 3 lbs since NY and so frustrated. Never been a fast loser but really upped the exercise in Jan...rowing machine, walking and pilates. I roughly burn 300-350 calories doing this, fitness pal says I need 1,200 calories but I say 1000. Most days I eat between 700-1000...but then I'd you take off burnt calories can be around 500-600 Mark so not sure if this is too much or little!

Obviously fitness pal says it is way too low but that is not aimed at bypass patients is it ! As I said...since this new routine I have lost 3lbs which is bugging the heck out of me...am bridesmaid in June and would love at least 2 stone off. I started out nearly 25 stone...now in high 15's so plenty of weight to shift still!

I feel your pain!

I cant think why the wretched scales have stalled for you both.... Arggghhhhhh so annoying!!!! Bloody contraptions.
Have you both done your measurements??? I know it sounds ridiculous and 6wks is a long time to STS and I often wonder if you lose "'s and not lbs where has it bloody well gone but it may surprise you.
Other than that I would go back to the start for a min 3 day period of liquids and see if the shock doesnt spark off the weight loss.
Hope the scales start to move ASAP xxxx

It looks to me like you're not eating enough. My advice would be to log your intake on one of the free websites and see how many calories you are eating each day. If you're getting in less than 900 you will stall.

It would also show if you're getting enough protein in each day. You want to aim for 70 to 80g a day at least with protein making up the bulk of your intake. The mash and gravy are really just wasted calories to be honest. If you're going to have carbs they should be complex rather than processed ones such as mashed potato and gravy. Your other choices are OK though I'd like to see some Tuna in there and if you can eat it Fage yogurt is a great protein meal (I avoid the term snack)

Other than that you need more fluid each day, at least two litres of clear liquid should be the minimum you go for. Then you have to consider the exercise you do. What do you do, how often, do you include any resistance training to protect your muscle mass? we need more info to be able to help you more.

I would say a six week stall while seeming a nightmare for you, is not that uncommon. A mate of mine in the states stalled for four months and thought her loss was over. She stuck at it and changed things around a bit, increased her protein intake and went on to lose another 24 pounds so do not despair or stress about this, it will kick in again

So go back to basics and use the log sites as they really do show where the issues are honeybunch. Good luck. If you'd rather do it by PM send me your stats and what exercise you're doing and I'll do what I can to help you, I promise you'll get through this little stall xxx

It looks to me like you're not eating enough. My advice would be to log your intake on one of the free websites and see how many calories you are eating each day. If you're getting in less than 900 you will stall.

It would also show if you're getting enough protein in each day. You want to aim for 70 to 80g a day at least with protein making up the bulk of your intake. The mash and gravy are really just wasted calories to be honest. If you're going to have carbs they should be complex rather than processed ones such as mashed potato and gravy. Your other choices are OK though I'd like to see some Tuna in there and if you can eat it Fage yogurt is a great protein meal (I avoid the term snack)

Other than that you need more fluid each day, at least two litres of clear liquid should be the minimum you go for. Then you have to consider the exercise you do. What do you do, how often, do you include any resistance training to protect your muscle mass? we need more info to be able to help you more.

I would say a six week stall while seeming a nightmare for you, is not that uncommon. A mate of mine in the states stalled for four months and thought her loss was over. She stuck at it and changed things around a bit, increased her protein intake and went on to lose another 24 pounds so do not despair or stress about this, it will kick in again

So go back to basics and use the log sites as they really do show where the issues are honeybunch. Good luck. If you'd rather do it by PM send me your stats and what exercise you're doing and I'll do what I can to help you, I promise you'll get through this little stall xxx

Hi Karlos

Can you tell me what complex carb would be ( sorry if this is a stupid question ) also where can you get the fage yoghurts

thanks - your post is really helpful

Complax carbs are high in dietary fibre such as brown rice and pasta made with wholemeal flour, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, Bran based cereals, , multi grain and whole wheat bread, baked potato with the skins left on, Kidney beans, nuts etc. There is tons of information on the web about complex carbs mate.

Fage is sold by all the supermarkets I get mine from Sainsburys. It's not cheap but it is a great source of protein and they do both zero and 2% fat versions.

Seems I'm not the only one going through a stall! Fingers crossed we all start shifting again soon!

Karlos - I will try the fage yoghurt and up my fluids to a minimum of 2 litres, thanks for that. I'm still not allowed to do any exercise that involves weights or straining, due to a suspected hernia which my surgeon is dealing with after my scan next week, so for the time being I'm having to be content with heaps of walking - not ideal I know but at least it's something I can do which doesn't hurt and provides some level of resistance to my legs at least - hopefully I will get this fixed ASAP! I do regular spot-checks on my protein intake and generally find that if I'm coming in short on a particular day I will add a protein drink to boost it. I do eat quite a bit of tuna, probably could fit a bit more in though! When I have a meal with veggies and mash, I always make a rule to finish all of the protein first, then if there is any room I am allowed the other stuff! Finally - any suggestions on a site you'd recommend for keeping a food log? Thanks for your help and recommendations :)

Complax carbs are high in dietary fibre such as brown rice and pasta made with wholemeal flour, cabbage, carrots, cauliflower, Bran based cereals, , multi grain and whole wheat bread, baked potato with the skins left on, Kidney beans, nuts etc. There is tons of information on the web about complex carbs mate.

Fage is sold by all the supermarkets I get mine from Sainsburys. It's not cheap but it is a great source of protein and they do both zero and 2% fat versions.

Thanks - Will have a look - can not manage much at the moment, so I am sure I am falling short on every department food wise, my dietitian said the shape 0% yoghurts are good for protein too - but i will look for the Fage ones - thank you - always so helpful

Oh, Fage is Greek Yoghurt - I dont like them - but am going to try one - seeing as all my other tastes have changed - that might have too :eek:

I'm going to Sainburys now to 'Fage Up' !!!!!

Oh, Fage is Greek Yoghurt - I dont like them - but am going to try one - seeing as all my other tastes have changed - that might have too :eek:

I actually like the taste but you can add tinned fruit (Unsweetened) or protein powder to help with the taste if it makes you gag LOL

I'm back, I've got my Fage and I love it! I bought the Total 0% version until I have worked out if I'm ok calorie-wise or not. If I'm lacking in calories then I will try the other version at a later stage. Thanks for the tip-off, and thanks to both Karlos & Jo for website suggestions - I will take a look at all of those options tonight and start logging! I will crack this b**tard! I've already done 1.5 litres of water today, going to cram at least another litre in before bed!

Mixing Fage Total 0% with half a scoop of PHD Diet Whey powder, chocolate orange flavour, is obscene!! (Just thinking out loud!)

Seems I'm not the only one going through a stall! Fingers crossed we all start shifting again soon!

Karlos - I will try the fage yoghurt and up my fluids to a minimum of 2 litres, thanks for that. I'm still not allowed to do any exercise that involves weights or straining, due to a suspected hernia which my surgeon is dealing with after my scan next week, so for the time being I'm having to be content with heaps of walking - not ideal I know but at least it's something I can do which doesn't hurt and provides some level of resistance to my legs at least - hopefully I will get this fixed ASAP! I do regular spot-checks on my protein intake and generally find that if I'm coming in short on a particular day I will add a protein drink to boost it. I do eat quite a bit of tuna, probably could fit a bit more in though! When I have a meal with veggies and mash, I always make a rule to finish all of the protein first, then if there is any room I am allowed the other stuff! Finally - any suggestions on a site you'd recommend for keeping a food log? Thanks for your help and recommendations :)

Once again we are mirroring each other I too have stayed the same the last three weeks, but havig read Karlos' post I realise I'm definately not eating enough - I suspected this to be the case as it was a problem pre op for me too. I have started tracking what I eat and I can see I'm not getting enough calories or protein so at least I now know where to improve.

We just have to stick to the basics and not get too creative I think....Best of luck with your progress and I hope the weight starts dropping off soon for you x

It might be but it tastes ok and think of the hit LOL

Back