• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weight watchers

CHUCKY

hello all
has anyone post op tried going back to weight watchers?
i seem to be really struggling at moment have lost 10 stone but still need to loose at least another 6 stone.
Just wandered if this would be beneifitial and i would be able to eat all my points.
Thankyou in advance xx

well done on losing 10 stone, thats fantastic.
my daughter has recently started to go back to weight watchers, and this new pro plus system theyve got now, looks really complicated, she said its quite hard to do till youve got the hang of it, but once you know how it works properly, its actually better. i think it would take me a while to get my head round it. but it might be a good idea to try it, youve got nothing to lose have you, and you will probably do really well, because its structured, it will give you an incentive. and youll also get support of a different kind too. as long as you still come on here though, dont leave us for ww. good luck, hugs xxx

bless you thanks for encouragement.
Just need the disapline for a while i think.
will let you know how it goes .

thanks again xx

Good luck Julie, if it goes well i may join you! xxx

i think you would find it really hard, the new system means you have a lot more points. i joined a few weeks ago and am pre op i just need to lose as much as i can in the next few weeks before my op, but i am really struggling to eat all the points im allowed and trust me i can eat for england, the leader has told me shes worried im not eatting enough for the new diet to work properly , i think this would be the case if you tried to do it . congrats on the weight loss so far xx

I am about 8st overweight according to healthy bmi,my doc said I should expect to lose 5-6st so I would be about 12-13st.

i am confussed now are you saying i will not loose anymore weight now?
I just think i need to change ,my diet around a bit.

thanks for your replies x

chucky huni, i think with what christine has just said, i would think again about going back to ww, if you have to eat so much for it to work, i dont think it would work, theres no way your gonna be able to eat anywhere near the amount you would need to. i know my daughter said she has a problem to eat all that she is allowed. what about slimming world, or maybe just trying to eat more protein, and drinking loads, i always find that when i eat more protein and drink more, my weight loss speeds up.

sorry julie if my message sounded confussing, what im saying is like dawny says , i dont think the weight watchers diet will work for you because your bypass wont physically let you eat the quantities that you need to for the diet to work.

maybe just go back to basics , its daft paying money to go back to w w if it isnt going to work
xxxxxxxx

Hi Julie, long time no see :) I have toyed with w/w for the last three months, which considering i'm 7 months post op and 60lbs down is pretty bad isn't it?

Seriously i don't know if you'd eat all the points, i'm guessing you may have to eat more 'point' loaded foods to work your way through your allowance, and i guess these may well be carbs which is not encouraged post op...

Fantastic loss, i bet your unrecognisable now x

Hi Julie, long time no see :) I have toyed with w/w for the last three months, which considering i'm 7 months post op and 60lbs down is pretty bad isn't it?

Seriously i don't know if you'd eat all the points, i'm guessing you may have to eat more 'point' loaded foods to work your way through your allowance, and i guess these may well be carbs which is not encouraged post op...

Fantastic loss, i bet your unrecognisable now x
hi again i do feel great i must admit but to be honest still feel like a failure:sigh:
still need to loose a quite a bit of weight just though maybe a change of food might help. thanks everyone for youe input much apprieciated xx

chucky, why dont you try jigging your food around, eat more protein and fruit, stay away from carbs, and drink more fluids, i reckon that will give your body the jolt it needs to get you going again, we can give you encouragement on here, were all rooting for you, look at mixxy, he lost 16 stone, so it is possible, just cos it says you will lose a percentage, isnt gospel, its just a ball park figure, ive lost almost 87% of my weight, ok i didnt have as much to lose as you, but ive done it, but its taken me from april to lose 5 stone. its just come off slow n steady. im sure you will start losing again, dont worry, just have a go at changing your diet round a bit, youve got nothing to lose have you huni. big hugs xxx

yep hun me i went bk 3wks ago coz i was stallin and bad habits wer creeping bk in so i went bk lost 2lb 1st wk gained 1 2nd wk lost 3lb this week so not bad eh oh and the week i gained i was constipated big time so seems to be workin for me good luck if you go back chic and well done on the weight loss so far.xxx

cheers for all your messages afraid to say i am going to go tonight and see whats its all about. If it can work you pinklin then who knows it could work for me to.
Will let you know how it goes xx

good luck babes if you need any help at all msg me.xxx

good luck huni, i hope you go on ok. i hope it works for you, hugs xx

Back