• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Well I never! I've been eating less than I thought!

slimmerkay

I had some of those flat electronic kitchen scales that start at 1g. They were cheap ones. So they other day I decided to test them out. Took the tuna out of a tin - the tin said it was 65g - and weighed it. The scales said 96g :eek:

So I delved in the fridge and weighed lots of things and it was the same with all of them. So when I have been weighing out say 100g of meat I've actually only been having about 70-75g.

I got some new scales today which are much better and I weighed out 100g of lamb today but only managed about two thirds of it. Oh and yes, I did test the new scales lol.

So, the moral of this tale is - don't buy cheap kitchen scales.

I don't really want to get obssessed with weighing my food but I just want to know what amounts I am managing to eat at this stage.

Once I get used to what to put on my plate I'll stop weighing.

I don't weigh i just put what i think i can eat on the plate! Aiming for more protein than anything else...

Oh blimey :D I only have some of the ones with a dial and have to say have not weighed a thing - oops!!

Dell, don't worry really. I think it's better you don't weigh your food. I for one do not intend to ever obsess over what I eat again apart from watching the naughty things.

I only weigh food because people (like the dietician) asked me how much I was eating. And it's difficult to say in an email "Oh about this much" (holding hands out for size amount).

Also I log my food diary on myfitnesspal for now and that also needs measurements/amounts to give accurate info. But I wont be using that site for much longer either.

Like I said, now I want to be a "normal" person and just eat and not worry all the time.

Back