• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What are you looking forward to most when you have your OP?

loughpet

I am looking forward to hopefully feeling more confident:

• In the bedroom
  • In my every day clothes
I am also really excited that I should hopefully fit into my old clothes !!

I'm looking forward to seeing bits of me i've not seen for a while...

Also the shopping, but most of all? Not lifting me stomach up when i go the loo!!! TMI? Sorry xx

To be able to walk into a room, and know I'm not the fattest person in it.
To buy fashionable clothes again off the peg.
To look in the mirror & not hate what is looking back at me.
To feel 'normal'.
I could go on....but you all get the picture!

To walk into a room and not plan the route i shall take so as not to draw attention to a 'fat' person trying to get through a space far too small for her...

To become insignificant in crowds would be good too.

To walk past people who are laughing and not think they are laughing at me? That's a high also ...

Like you, I did a long list of things that I was looking forward to, from wearing my first pair of heels without tottering round like a man in drag :eek: to going on the rides at Alton Towers without realising I'm too fat to fit in the seats. :eek:

One thing I always wanted was to buy a dress, having lived in jeans and baggy tops day in day out for more than 15 years. As you can see from my 'new piccies' thread, 7 months on I can tick this one off my list.

I read your lists and it takes me right back, but I'm also so excited for you pre oppers as I know you too have such wonderful and life changing times ahead. :clap::clap::clap: :happy096:

Cuppa xx

Thanks Cuppa, let's just hope we can enjoy the same sort of success as you.
I am actually lost for words about your new piccies, I was showing my OH, in your before picture you look so fed up and sad, and so totally totally different in your new ones, what a transformation hun - congratulatory hugs coming all the way from Cornwall xxxxx
:hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

I'm looking forward to sitting in a deck chair or any type of folding chair. May seem like a little thing to some but I'm too afraid to do it at the mo as I dont want it to break and make me look like a big fat fool

I am looking forward to being healthy and blending into the crowd and not sticking out like a sore thumb. Oh and buying clothes from "normal" shops.

No more aching legs!!!!
I love the bit you have put Julie about planning the route of a room, sometimes i feel like i'm on a mission impossible!! :8855: I think like alot of you the list is endless!!

My big thing was being able to cross my legs lol somthing i can do now and i love it !! iv got the sit in a airoplane seat without my thighs going numb and not having to use an extention belt are coming up in a week or so , so watch this space lol

My big thing was being able to cross my legs lol somthing i can do now and i love it !! iv got the sit in a airoplane seat without my thighs going numb and not having to use an extention belt are coming up in a week or so , so watch this space lol

ditto here, off to the Costa del Sol 2 weeks on Thursday, looking forward to fitting in the seat without having to ask those smarmy *****es for the extender belt, fantastic!!

Oh yes i want to cross my legs too Hannah! I'm gonna sit like a laydeeeeee

Also the chair sitting malarky, the mental calculation of chair versus almost 300lb of me...= embarassing collapse of us both lol x

Being more mobile (obviously for shopping for new clothes)
and more than anything to be able to shave the parts I havent been able to see for many years without a mirror... now now ladies I mean the backs of my legs ;)

xxx

Like Julie said - not having to plan my route through a store, restaurant, etc and doing so without knocking over chairs in the process ! Reducing the pain in my knees and being more mobile. Lots more, but these are the biggest ones for me.

Being able to buy fashionable clothes and finally look my age, not 30 years older (style wise)

Being able to cross my legs

Being able to wear skirt without my thights rubbing against each other

Being able to see my feet when I look down

Being able to look good on photos

Being able to feel small in my bath, not like a caught hippo put in a water tank

Not to sweat like a pig when I do anything really

To wear heels

Not to be the "fat" friend.

And lots lots more;)

im looking at finality 3rd time lucky 4 me eh x

I am looking forward to.....................

Shopping in 'normal' shops not just Evans or online

Pinching my daughters clothes

Going swimming and not having everyone stare at me

and so much more......................

Back