• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what are your thoughts ?

piratess

Ok .. so as most of you know im trying to finance band surgery myself and ive been looking around online for prices etc ...

would the price of £3750 worry anybody? .... i dont want to name the company im just kinda thinking outloud i suppose ...
This is so tough its all i think about at the moment ....

thanks for your thoughts :eek:

I would love to help, but have no comparisons... I didn't want to read and pass, so I'm wishing you good luck and someone will have some good advice for you precious. Good luck xxx

Love your huggles Angel... good luck and keep pursuing what you want... always at your side xxx

Hi

Is that the price just for the band? I suspect it is. I would advise you to go with a comapny that offers at least 2 years aftercare to include band fills included in the price. You can pay anything from £100 upwards for these as and when needed.

If you add maybe 3 fills in a year to the price quoted plus the company you go to for fills may charge a consultation fee, it doesnt sound such good value!? x

Hi Mazz ..

this price included travel from station to your hotel 3* for 2 nights payed accomodation for you and your partner ..
travel to hosp
cardiology x ray bloods etc and op .. one night in hosp travel back to station and one fill also .. aftercare in the Uk (doesnt say how long for though)

If it says one fill that might be all you get, check with them because aftercare can be anything from a weigh in session to access to a dietician and band fills x

PM me if you want x

My philosophy is this, if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is...

I would never go with the cheapest, even if I was on a budget. I would try and raise more cash or wait longer, as I would rather know I was getting much better care and aftercare.

Thankyou Caz ...

I know what you are saying completly health over money every time ...
just ya know .. oh i dont know haha

I'm afraid I have to agree with Cazbandy. It sounds too cheap. If things went wrong, it could cost you more than double to fix. I'm always reminded of Anne Diamond who went abroad for a cheaper price andit didn't work.....

Sorry to sound doomy and gloomy.

Nooo Von not doomy and gloomy atall! ... its why i posted! I know my brain isnt really looking at this properly at the moment ...as its foggy with info care plans prices companies ways to get money to start my new life! ...
surgery has been the only thing i think of 24/7 it is driving me mad, it disturbs my sleep to.

So thats why i posted, to get open honest opinions and thoughts thankyou so much xx

Please please please be careful. Since I have had this done i have understood how important it si to have the support. Its not just the fills its every part of the process. The access to dietician, the support groups, the on-going check up and just the reassurance you sometimes need. I am so glad i am not on my own with this and sometimes you do need medical help and support. Almost everyone in my support group has needed support of one kind or another and its lovely to know it is there.
For me the attitude of your GP would be crucial. sometimes they dont want to know when you have gone private and that would be a real worry without aftercare in your package
I know it is tempting to dive right in but I think Cazbandy is right - it looks too good to be true
Best wishes with whatever you decide and keep posting for everyones advice
JO X

Thankyou Jowood :) ..

I know exactly what your saying .. I had decided 99% who i was going with thro research and recommendation but ya know somtimes just that little 1% .. needs addressing .. i think im better off just not looking anymore and aiming for my original plan.

Thanks so much for your thoughts xx

You have been given some great advice, and I would tend to agree. The fills and aftercare are important and it's going to push the cost upwards when you add in the fills, so taking that into account it probably is not much cheaper anyway.

Good luck with whatever you decide

Back