• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What did you wish you had asked at you consultation but forgot?

Mrs_CakeyBun

Joy's the best makeup :-)
Today I bought myself a little note book to carry in my hand bag so I can note down things I want to check out and questions I want to ask about gastric banding and the surgery.

I am trying to think of all the things I should ask and have looked through different threads about this.

However I was wondering what were the things that people had wished they had asked at the consultations but had either forgotten or didn't know that they should have asked about........and things/problems they had after surgery that was because they felt they hadn't been informed things might be problems.

I am one of those people (much to my entire families amusement) that really really likes to know as much as I possible can before I do something major...forwarned etc etc:D

Have to say nothing as I knew in my head most of the answers as I had researched everything and anything I wanted to know....its a good idea though to carry your note book, I do that now for things I dont want to forget (maybe its an age thing lol) its so much better to jot things down when you think of them then to try and remember a few hours later xx

I know what you mean...but I seem to just suddenly think of the strangest things....todays was
Will I be tested for MRSA at the pre-op appointment?

I have done a lot of research now but one thing I have found is that different surgeons do things in different ways...there seems to be as many different pre/post op diets as there is surgeons and also things like port sighting etc seems to differ so much

See what I mean lol

i was and they gave me a cream to put up my nose for the week before.

I think some NHS do it as routine and some dont (MRSA that is) but dont have a clue about private hospitals...might ask on a thread I think

good idea !

I wished I'd asked about goats milk for the milk diet as apparantly it is more easily digested by the liver but I was only told semi-skimmed ordinary milk and didn't ask. Not a big thing I know but I do wish I'd asked. Does anyone here know the answer? Lv Jenni
PS Making lists is a v good idea - I had 3 pages of my notebook filled with Qu's and the surgeon was v patient and answered them all.

Ohhh now you have me wondering about SOYA milk as it has no lactose (natural sugar) and when I was both Atkins and Idiot Proof Dieting I found it was great when making up Protien shakes and not bad in coffee

Do you have an appointment coming up? If so, let me know the answer re. Goat and Soya. Actually soya would be better as a) It doesn't taste like goats smell and b) is quite expensive.

Well not for a few weeks going to call tomorrow and try and get one for 3 weeks time when I get a friday and monday off work

Back