• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do people dump on?

cheekybum

I am curious to find what people dump on, i am not really a chocolate person or sweetie person, but sometime i fancy a yoghurt and when i look at the sugar they all seem so high, i had a little sugar free angel delight the other night and felt really poorly, and that was 5.4grams per serving, if any of you have some suggestions i would be most grateful, how have you lot found fruit? Again i am worried about the sugar content.

I have to check the sugar contents per 100g NOT per serving.

My limit is 10g per 100g, anything over and I dump big time.

Yoghurt was the first thing I dumped on, was not a nice experience.

LOL Big and Bouncy.

I don't dump hardly at all. However, saying that, I do dump on cuppa soups (not the diet ones) and today I dumped on a skinny latte.

Never dumped on a latte before, and someone told me the cuppa soup thing can be because it is consumed too hot.

So far I've dumped on :

Plain Chocolate not milk !!!!!
Mango Chutney
Fresh Orange Juice
Salmon in a Dill Sauce ?

I can eat most things in very small quantities and do try everything to test myself.

I've dumped on
Sugar free Angel Delight
Beans
Cupasoup (wasn't very hot)

But I didn't dump on
Kellys Cornish Ice cream :D
and can have a Freddo chocolate no problem (totm) on hubbies orders before I kill every one in sight :rolleyes::rolleyes::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

Im almost scared to say it lol........I havnt dumped yet either....Im so careful about reading the labels and sticking to low sugar and low fat as Im a life-long coward and scared of dumping :D XX

I dump on Sweet Liquid such as:

more than x1 sugar in my cup of tea
Fortisips drinks
Fortijuice - Badly dumped / passed out thankfully i was already in hospital
Cereal - cannot add sugar to any or have any sugar coated ones with milk
Milkshakes including slimfast
Tooty fruites sweets x 5 little sweets!
Chocolate, going over my limit.... a few squares and im done
Porridge

I've dumped in the following:-
Sugar free Angel Delight
Shape mousse
Banana
Rice
Mushroom sauce (low fat)
Pate (low fat)

I can eat something one day & be fine then dump on it a different day. I'm struggling with food at the moment. I even dumped on my home made leek & potato soup today!

:(

Wow Jacci, you are having a bad time! Have you spoken to your team? Maybe they can help. Its so weird how everyone dumps on different things, and on different days! Ive had banana and been fine, I only have half though so maybe that makes a difference?? There doesnt seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. Hope you get it sorted hun, it must be horrible (HUG) XX

I'm still waiting for my team to get back to me Dotty. The after care at SRH is diabolical to say the least! I seem to be going backwards food wise. I can no longer tolerate chicken, tuna, pate (low fat), eggs, beef, just to name a few! I'm living off melba toast & crispbread with low fat philadelphia!

I hate feeling that I'm moaning all the time. I've had two horrendous vomiting bouts in a week which left me feeling totally wiped out.

OMG, thats terrible Jacci! Awww no wonder you feel wiped out. Maybe if you get in touch with PALS through the hospital they might be able to get the dietician to get in touch quicker. I really dont know what to suggest, have you tried going back to a day or two of puree? I know other post-ops have said if you struggle to try going back for a few days. I would mither the life out of the dietician too! email them, phone them even write to them if you have to.....its a disgrace! XXX

That's going to be next step, a letter then PALS.

Even milk makes me feel sickly. My biggest worry is how ill I feel after taking my tablets.

Again I'm sorry for sounding like a whinge bag & hijacking this thread!!

Jacci I too feel horrible after taking my tablets. That's why I hate taking them. No amount of people telling me beforehand I would have to take them has prepared me for this. I've taken tablets before and not had problems - why now?

Im not suprised they make you feel bad Jacci, they always say take them with or after food etc....so they will upset your stomach! Id get the letter send and contact PALS sooner rather than later or you could become really poorly! Take care hun XX

Back