• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What do you all do?

What an incredibly diverse group of people we are! Between us we could probably do a jolly good job of running the country!! I teach and am just about to begin (in September) working reduced hours after many years full time. I can't wait! x x

What an incredibly diverse group of people we are! Between us we could probably do a jolly good job of running the country!! I teach and am just about to begin (in September) working reduced hours after many years full time. I can't wait! x x

Can I be Chancellor of the Exchequer? I was a Purchasing Manager for eight years. Then I went back to college to learn Holistic Therapies - maybe I could be Health Secretary (perhaps I'd better leave that job to Fairyring or Topsy)
Now I'm retired and have never worked so hard in my life! I/we look after our granddaughters three days a week and on the remaining days I fly around like a lunatic trying to get everything else done.
Anyone for an Indian Head Massage? Mxx

Last edited:
Hiya
my job title is Housing Options Officer. I work as a local Government Officer for the local district council. I investigate homeless applicants, and also register people on the Housing List. More interesting than it sounds, and I love it.

MNL:)

hi i was a full time nanny to 6yr old twin boys they went to school so i decided to go back to my passion in life wirking with special needs people so i got a job in a special needs school and still doing my nannying after school and school holidays and hay everyone im on holiday for two weeks from today!! yeeeehhhhaaa!!

I trained as a Heavy goods vehicle mechanic for eight years, then joined a huge business support service company where I am still though now instead of being a service man, now I'm the national training manager for our division.

Admin Officer - Civil Service. Crap job but good benefits :)

Hi all

I was a debt collector for many , many years , until ill health and babies crept in, was a great job, very satifying. I did this from school age.

All the best - MeJulie xx

Fab thread - I love being nosey and seeing what everyone does for a living.

I am a money adviser and work for a charity giving individuals and small businesses advice on how to deal with their debts. I also have to advise on benefit entitlements and housing. I absolutely love love love my job.

With that, and 2 children and a hubby to look after I feel like I need more stress in my life LOL so I am currently considering doing a part time law degree alongside my job. It wont be this year though as I want to get the WLS done and dusted first.

hi all
well i left school at 16 had been working in the abattoir since 14 part time stayed for 10 years became a slaughterman, then moved into butchery for the next 25years run a local shop then bse hit amd made a dent in the meat trade followed by foot and mouth but we rcovered form all that done aspects in the meat trade, and i am a master buchter, not everyones cup of tea i know, but some has to keep the meat on your plates lol unless ur a veggie,and thats fine with me each to there own i say

I work for the Home Office. I love what I do...but see too many face from work in the street or supermarket! haha

Wow this is really interesting what a variety of work we all do between us. I'm a senior residential child care worker and manage a childrens home for 5, 11 to 18 year old vunerable/complex young people who cannot live at home for a variety of reasons. Prior to that i worked with young people with profound learning disabilities. Took a few years off to have two children daughter is 13 and my son is 24, also Granny to a 4 year old grandson who is such a joy xx

Hi,
I'm still not sure what i want to do when i grow up. I'm only 42 years young plenty of time yet LOL

Had a few part time jobs mainly in retail. I have just completed my adult literacy level 1&2 and adult numeracy part 1 and working on level 2. Got my CSE in school but thought i would brush up on these. Glad I did my support worker said I'd be good teaching others and she has put my name down to join her.
I have no confidence due to my weight so hope when i have lost some weight I will find something i want to do.

I was a deputy play coordinator for a council run play centre for six years. Now i'm a market trader with a very busy souvenir kiosk on London's Oxford street!!!

Back