• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

what have i just done....

JO28172

....?
Only gone n bought a bike...a proper bike lol :)
Now then..it had best keep on raining to give me time to psych myself up for it lol

wish I could find a cheap bike that would take my weight

good luck with it

Lol, Jo :) I bought one a few weeks ago & on one of my first forays out, I came a cropper :eek::eek: fell off in front of a group of teenage lads :cry: So my hubby says I need a smaller framed one & tomorrow is my first outing on bike no2 ... he reckons it is a childs size & asked if I wanted stabilisers fitting :mad: men, lol xxx

well done!

my husband used to be a keen cyclist so he has been warned, when im fit enough we are getting his and her matching bikes!! :D

TwinkleTwinkle said:
Lol, Jo :) I bought one a few weeks ago & on one of my first forays out, I came a cropper :eek::eek: fell off in front of a group of teenage lads :cry: So my hubby says I need a smaller framed one & tomorrow is my first outing on bike no2 ... he reckons it is a childs size & asked if I wanted stabilisers fitting :mad: men, lol xxx

What ya like Denise...hadn't even thought I could fall off!!!!! Pick it up wed....another eBay bargain at £30 like new. Great how there's some good bargains to be had with sporty stuff...too many fads :)

What ya like Denise...hadn't even thought I could fall off!!!!! Pick it up wed....another eBay bargain at £30 like new. Great how there's some good bargains to be had with sporty stuff...too many fads :)

Yep, you can fall off, lol ... a car came too close behind me & I panicked, wobbled & my feet just could not stop me as only my tip toes actually went as far as the ground :eek: hence I toppled over into the road :wave_cry: good job there wasn't another car coming :wave_cry: the lads had a good laugh though, so not all wasted. :D To be fair they did come & help me up & only laughed when they knew I was OK ... I was soooo embarrassed though :eek::eek::eek:
Good luck though ... will look for your post on Thursday telling us how you went on :):) xxx

Wow 2 wheels & dangerous to know. Good on ya you will have a great time. Just be careful.

Good for you! My hubby bought us one to share but forgot that I'm 7 inches shorter so I have to hold onto a fence to get started and then tip to the side until I can touch the bottom and stop.

My kids think its hysterical as I fall into a heap and try to pretend that I meant to do it - especially as my eldest just learnt to ride without stabilisers and does a much better job than me x

Oh no....falling off..helmets..this is looking far worse than anticipated now! Think first night I'll go the back road way to the nearby country park...!

My lovely new bike arrived last week. I bought a 13.5 in frame which is suitable for shorties like me. (4'8" to 5'4") I'm 5'2" so I am fairly comfortable on it WHILE I KEEP BOTH FEET ON THE GROUND!!! I had two attempts to get going this weekend but just couldn't do it. My hubby said I have good balance and it is just coordinating the feet on both pedals manoeuvre. Hopefully next weekend I'll get it :)

My daughter got her new bike too and when she got on hers she was off straight away. She is 27 do it's only a few years since she cycled. It must be 40 years since I had a bike as a kiddie.

Happy days, I'm quite enthused to get going :)

Good luck with your bikes and stay safe :) xx

I am looking forward to getting my brand new bike out of the shed which has been there for years, I gave it to my father, So I will no doubt hunt through Gumtree to purchase another one for him.

Well I've done it...wobbly start but once I'd been going 20mins i started to feel a little safer :) thought it would have been easier than anticipated but then it is prob 25 or 30 yrs since I last rode a bike.

As for my bum...that's another story(ouch)
Cycling leggings ordered off eBay with padded crotch lol xx

Well done, sweetie :) I've been out a few times on mine & may need the saddle surgically removed from my bits :wave_cry: Never thought of special leggings but did consider a rubber ring ... gawd how painful is it :cry: Will persevere but never had this prob as a kid & my little grandson is running (cycling) rings round me, lol xxx :)

Update!

I had two attempts to get going this weekend but just couldn't do it. My hubby said I have good balance and it is just coordinating the feet on both pedals manoeuvre. Hopefully next weekend I'll get it :)
It must be 40 years since I had a bike as a kiddie.

Happy days, I'm quite enthused to get going :)

Good luck with your bikes and stay safe :) xx

Just to say I went to the park yesterday and I managed to crack it and got going on my bike. I loved it :) Yah! :D

Well I've done it...wobbly start but once I'd been going 20mins i started to feel a little safer :) thought it would have been easier than anticipated but then it is prob 25 or 30 yrs since I last rode a bike.

As for my bum...that's another story(ouch)
Cycling leggings ordered off eBay with padded crotch lol xx
Ooo twink could do with some of those!! she gets a well sore ninny noo :D lol

Back