• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHAT THEN???

Sambucca

What a brilliant question Julie, and in all honesty, its something I havent considered until now.

I have been dieting on and off for 12 years now, and have tried everything. Then as you say, I have been wrapped up in the WLS process, and am now a loser but still a baby at only 4 months out. I am still caught up in the elation of losing every week, and seeing myself shrink rapidly.

I cant imagine ever getting to a point where I wont be obsessed by my weight, but I suppose its a possibility. As Mark said, we will be living with our bypasses for the rest of our lives so we will never "forget" being obese and will be restricted with what we can eat etc.

My hope is that this time next year I will be maintaining, without too much difficulty and that I have learned how to live with my bypass. I will probably be stressing about my loose skin at that point and fighting another battle with trying to get that funded.... Who knows.

Silversurfer

I'm now 17 months post bypass and have reached my goal weight, in fact i'm under my goal weight now. My main focus now and longer term is maintaining my weight and trying not to lose any more and at the same time increasing my muscle mass and fitness levles. I dont have any excess skin, so no more surgery.

My life has considerably changed for the better, i no longer get out of breath walking up the stairs, can buy clothes anywhere, and i'm no longer looked at as the fat bloke.

Strangely i've almost forgotten what it feels like to be 180lb heavier as its become normal for me to feel like i do now, friends have stopped commenting and some days it feels as if i've always been like this.

fatbutnot4eva

Loves her gorgeous family
SS you had just had your Bypass when I joined it is so unbelieveable how a person can completely change in quite a short space of time.
x

Silversurfer

SS you had just had your Bypass when I joined it is so unbelieveable how a person can completely change in quite a short space of time.
x

It is true, this op truelly is life changing, no one can begin to descibe the journey you'll undertake, the new emotions and the experiences coming your way.