• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What was the first thing you ate?

Shadaca

So I'm interested in what the first things you ate when you moved up through the stages were....

I'm on my last week of liquids, so eagerly thinking about what I can have first without being too controversial for my new tum!

Also - what was your first crunch?! :D

Moving from liquid to purée, the first thing I ate was puréed Sunday dinner. From purée to soft food I ate cod in butter sauce. My first crunch was a Melba toast with laughing cow.

I honestly can't remember I think it was porridge, not really had anything crunchy yet thats in 2 weeks time.

Mine was cottage pie but I puréed the meat separately so that it still resembled a proper cottage pie. I made what would have been a smallish portion then divided it into ramekins so that I had one for each day for a week.

Im still on fluids for another week, finding it so hard and uninteresting, so looking forward to next sunday, going to have scrambled eggs for breakfast and maybe a cottage pie for dinner, my mouth is watering at the thought of it.

Cauliflower in a light cheese sauce .. It was delicious!

Donna - me too! I move on next Saturday.

We can do it!

My husband and kids are having roast beef and trimmings, not fair, another bowl of soup for me, god it smells so good.

My husband and kids are having roast beef and trimmings, not fair, another bowl of soup for me, god it smells so good.

Awwwwww, don't! I nearly licked my fella's pizza last night it smelt so good!

Meal times are a killer, luckily my husband is doing all the cooking, which does make it easier for me.

Right - today is the last day on mushy food! It's been six weeks since I ate anything crunchy - can't wait until tomorrow! What shall I eat?!

Are you going cheese & cracker route???
I think it's tricky between puree & soft..
I'm obv still on liquids but most peeps go straight to puree post op when at home x

I did 4 weeks liquid, 2 weeks mushy and tomorrow I can eat 'anything that was tolerated pre-op'! Crackers sounds like a good idea. Crunchy good!

Back