• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Tummy Tuck journey

haha i just updated my diary and hinted at you for piccies , but then came here and saw that you already added them , your looking goooood!... how you feeling in yourself,,, dammm my emotions are all over the place its quite bad... having a good day today though.. only 6 days po though so this is expected... not in as much pain as thought id be but feel tired quickly...

so yep let us know more about you soon i miss reading your updates xx

Just looked at ur pics u look fab well done ;)

Im sorry, I will update more frequently :(

I know what your talking about with emotions, I was a bit of a wreck for the first 2 weeks...not being able to do anything makes it all worse as your having to rely on others.
Also I will tell you, I have gained weight since I had this done...sitting around doing nothing for the first 3 weeks I sat and munched on the dreaded crisps as they go down so easy and have gained a few pounds :( So I am on a diet tomorrow....this $hit never ends, will I/we ever be happy with our bodies??? Anyway, its not all bad, I remember having 10st to lose, 9lbs is nothing is it lol :)

Mandy x

Mandy, I am new here but not to minimins. I have to say your photos are amazing! you look smokin hot girl, a real inspiration.

Thanks Bobbi, I feel good too!

6 Weeks tomorrow....swelling is so much better now, I do still have some lose skin but I think once I get to the gym I will be able to sort that out....will see what my PS says on my next appt.

Hope everyone is good

Mandy x

u look fab - a real inspiration. I cant believe how well ur tt looks - I have been panicking about that part a bit but excited too. Unfortunately here in N.Ireland we cant get funding so I am going to have to pay for all my plastic surgery - but after seeing ur pics will def be worth it.

x

Tink I'm from NI too. I have spoke to Fogerty and the Hospital Group. I think I like Fogerty the best though.

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Hi Bobbi

What part are you from - I am in Co Antrim. It would be great to hear how you get on with your surgery. Have you costed the surgery yet? That bit scares me big time - I am going to need boobs, arms, thighlift and tt :-(

Hi tink. I'm near Bangor, Co Down.

Both surgeons are quoting around £4500 for a straight forward tummy tuck but anything up to £2000 more for muscle repairs.

The only thing that concerned me about hospital group as you have to fly to their clinic in Birmingham to have the surgery. The thought of flying home post op puts me off. They seemed quite keen to see me and actually offered my appointment times and dates.

Also I spoke to a surgeon face to face from McIndo as they were removing a lump I had. He also said I would have to travel, but I have to admit I was very comfortable with the surgeon. I saw him on the tv program Embarrassing Fat Bodies where he did a male breast reduction.

Fogerty would do the work here in Belfast and he sounded like the best option.

I haven't had a proper consultation yet with any of them, I'm hanging on till after my holidays in September plus I need to lose a bit more weight. I'm sort of hoping I can get something done by the end of this year.

Hello, 6 weeks today....went to the doctors as I could see I was getting an infection in my belly button and turns out that it was a stitch that should have been removed 5 weeks ago. So its out now and I am on a course of Antibiotics.

Am feeling really good, lots of changes one being the swelling is getting really good and then other is I have left my partner, things can only get better for me now and I am really looking forward to going back to Uni this year as I have been offered a place!

Am currently uploading photos taken today, so if you get a moment have a look

Mandy x

Thank goodness u got the stitch out b4 it got much worse.

I am in process of separating from hubby - weightloss has given me the self confidence - feels weird to be happy that I am separating after 17yrs together but I know its right for me (& prob for him too)

Hope all goes well for u & antibiotics kick in quickly for u
x

Hi tink. I'm near Bangor, Co Down.

Both surgeons are quoting around £4500 for a straight forward tummy tuck but anything up to £2000 more for muscle repairs.

The only thing that concerned me about hospital group as you have to fly to their clinic in Birmingham to have the surgery. The thought of flying home post op puts me off. They seemed quite keen to see me and actually offered my appointment times and dates.

Also I spoke to a surgeon face to face from McIndo as they were removing a lump I had. He also said I would have to travel, but I have to admit I was very comfortable with the surgeon. I saw him on the tv program Embarrassing Fat Bodies where he did a male breast reduction.

Fogerty would do the work here in Belfast and he sounded like the best option.

I haven't had a proper consultation yet with any of them, I'm hanging on till after my holidays in September plus I need to lose a bit more weight. I'm sort of hoping I can get something done by the end of this year.

Hi Bobbi

I had to fly to Birmingham to have my bypass done and know it was tough flying home (even hanging around the airport). I think because of that I would prefer to have surgery done here. Did u have WLS or are u dieting to lose ur weight?

Tink, just VLCD. I've lost 4 stones still some to go but i lost most of that last yearnrhen maintained I'm almost there and feeling good. I've had a stack of pregnancies though, one of them I had eclampsia and I had so much fluid my stretch marks split open. My stomach now has an overhang so I'd really like a TT.

Hello all, Just an update on things....I am now 10 weeks post op and I am doing great, swelling is almost gone, just gets a bit bad if I am on the go for too long, but nothing like it used too. Am about to book a holiday to Turkey for early October so will be wearing a bikini for the first time in my life, can't wait!!!!!!

Hope everyone's ok.....

Hello Kiira, hope you are doing ok hunny x

Talk to you all soon

Mandy x

Hi Mandy, and thanks for keeping this thread updated. At just 12 days post op myself Im glad to hear your swelling has reduced now. Mine is really bad and im 4" bigger round my waist now than I was before I went in!!

Im going to have another read through your thread to get an idea of roughly what to expect at each stage.

Hey Sambucca,

When I came home I was a size 14-16 but was only a 12 when I went in. I am now back down to a 12 which again for me is disappointing but my tummy is flatter. I do still have some excess skin on my tummy so hoping some sit-ups will pull it back failing that I will be having words with my surgeon on November 19th.

Your swelling will go down in time, the binder is great for this stage....I know it can be a little uncomfortable but without it, it is worse.

Keep us updated hun

Mandy x

Back