• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Tummy Tuck journey

Cant answer your question Mandy, Sorry - but your photo's look fab x

After my tummy first tummy tuck it was the same as before surgery, on this my third tummy tuck I asked the surgeon to remove the loose skin and he did and I can say I'm pleased he did ... Sorry to be the bearer of bad news xxx

I did ask him if that would be sorted out during the operation and he said that it would....and until yesterday it wasn't there but now it is :( It is very fluid like underneath too...not fatty like it used to be? Seeing the PS tomorrow to have belly button stitches removed and plaster taken off, so will ask then.

Thanks for the info, if I need something done later I will

Mandy x

i was thinking of asking for my pubic area done at the same time too .. it is so loose =[..

xx

chin up chicka x

lol, yeah your right....was fine :)

I have posted some new photos, I'm not really happy at the moment as I look bigger today then 2 days ago, I know it is swelling but still :*(

There was another surgeon who popped into the room and he asked me who did the surgery, then he remarked that it is one of the best scars he has seen for a tummy tuck so that's good, to be honest I thought it would look really gruesome but it actually looks good.

Let me know what you think

Mandy x

hi hun just looked at your pics, surgery is good....looks like you still have a lot of swelling in there... it will go please dont let it get u down. you dont appear to have as much brusing as i did lol i looked like i had been run over by a car.

Hi Tink,

I think that is still to come, can't see my tummy feeling like this and not having a bruise.
I have some hard lumps around the incision area....its not right the way along just in a few place, not going to panic just yet cos I am sure it is just swelling.

Was exhausted last night so fell asleep really early, was due to have my B12 this past week but have to wait till next week now. Anyone else had the gastric bypass and having the B12 jabs too?

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Mandy x

I'm anna. Had a DS 3 years ago, tummy tuck last year and regular B12. Read the thread, it all sounds normal to me. I had an infection in the wound and had to courses of antibiotics. My healing and swelling took a full 6 months. I had an across and down scar they tool away 14lbs.

Hi Anna and welcome to Minimins!!

Thanks for the information, 14lbs WOW!!!!!!! thats amazing you must feel so much better for it, I only had the 3lbs and what a difference that small amount has made!

I keep getting into my head that the swelling is not much and I am in fact just going to be this thick set in my abdomen and will not have to diet lol, will try to get this out of my mind and give it the 6 months they estimate it can take for it to go down.

Did you also have weight loss surgery?

Mandy x

Yes the DS, in two stages and lost 18 stone. I'm now round 10 1/2 stone and stable. The swelling is extreme and as I mentioned it was 6 months before I felt completely flat. I still wear the compression garment, I feel lost without it.

Have been googling this morning and I think I have been over doing things a bit. Been on my feet most of the day from 4 days post op, now at day 9 my body is telling me I need to calm down. So the shopping trip I had planned for today is off, will have someone go buy some bits for dinner for me and I am going to have a feet up lazy weekend.

Mandy x

Lumps are normally swelling if they are not painful... You do need to move about but not over do stuff. I'm a bit like u don't give in to quickly but your body is telling u now ... Mr Mc cormack told me my swelling would settle and it has. Drink plenty as this helps everything and flushes your system.

But who I am I tell some one to rest I went back to work after five days... Don't know how but I did... I do sit on my bum all day thou ....

Tink xxx

Thanks Tink, I am the same....I hate to sit around and guess what lol, I went shopping this morning!!! Didn't over do it and went at a slow pace, made sure I pushed the trolley so that I could stay bent over, could not believe the amount of people who bashed there trolley's into my rear, could have screamed....I wouldn't mind but me bent over a trolley somewhat, there is no way you could have not seen my a$$, but no....these women!!!! jealous i tell you cos I have a nice flat tummy lol :)

Yeah a lot of them her flat tummy .... They walk into ya ram shopping trolleys into ya omg and the way they look at ya .... And that's just the women... Don't get me started about the blokes !!!! Xxxx

My friend Abby and I used to have a code word lol best one was big bird if a bloke checked us out walking thou a shopping centre she would just say big bird lol mental tally was kept and loser had to buy lunch or the shop door was a good one lmao to see how many blokes would hold the door open for ya even thou all you where carrying is ya handbag lol i will add she is only 20 and I'm 41 xxx

hahaha tink that's funny, I need to start doing that!

Today started good, woke up....swelling had gone down a little bit, not enough to get into my normal clothes but that's cool. Popped into town with my sister to buy more support underwear and within half hour started getting that burning feeling so I knew i was swelling up. Got home and changed into the new support underwear and its so tight, but I figure that's what I need right??? So now I am sat here, feel like I am in a stright jacket with this new underwear and totally not comfortable at all cos again, am swelling up like a balloon...gonna chill for the rest of the day!

Mandy x

Back