• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

What to drink

Nicola1

on my way
Hi all, I'm after some advice, I've had a Spatz balloon and like the rest of you are not allowed fizzy drinks, my normal tipple is vodka and coke!! I even asked if I could let the coke go flat but they said no. So my question is for all you who have been at this awhile, is what do you drink now? All suggestions gratefully received x

joey80

im wondering bout this too as i wont b able to have coke, i was guessing fruit juice or shots haha x

Nicola1

on my way
I know, I'm 3 weeks post procedure and haven't even had a sip of alcohol. Don't drink red wine and the only White wine I like is fizzy lambrussco/lambrini lol, maybe shots it is then lol

joey80

sounds good lol, have u tasted rose, im not keen on red whine n will only drink if nothing else available lol, i love rose wine o x

Nicola1

on my way
Not tried Rose, I thought that was fizzy too lol but I feel a trip to the shop coming up, first night tonight me and hubby together for 2 weeks so want to have a nice evening and fancied trying a little drink, thanks I will try Rose

TamPerez111

My sister mixes vodka with crystal light or sugar free kool aid. It's also very good with sobe's or vitamin water. I can't wait to have a drink again. My doc told me I have to wait 1 year though before I can have any alcohol.

Big an Bouncy

I have vodka and cranberry juice light.Morrisons is the nicest!

TamPerez111

I'm not sure why really. That is what my Dr told me though. But I do love my vodka lol so I'm not sure I'll be able to last a whole yr. Without it.

Neeta

I'm not sure why really. That is what my Dr told me though. But I do love my vodka lol so I'm not sure I'll be able to last a whole yr. Without it.

I was also told 6 months, again not sure why, perhaps it is because your little tummy can't cope with the alcohol, and you become drunk or giddy more quickly :D perhaps someone else could let us know. x

Nicola1

on my way
Gotto say vodka and j20 ummm, but it is very sweet, so all those who have to wTch the sugar content had better check the label first. In regards to waiting 6 months post surgery, part of that maybe down to you wanting to eat the contents of the fridge when influenced!!! Just like me at the moment!!!! Long bike ride I think tomorrow x

nulao

i think one reason for no alchol is that it can make you drunk very easily after surgery, two because it is empty calories and a possible 3rd could be addiction transfer, just my thoughts oh and the need to stop fizzy drinks is due to it streching the stomach and i think some fizzy drinks are ment to give you cravings.

Neeta

i think one reason for no alchol is that it can make you drunk very easily after surgery, two because it is empty calories and a possible 3rd could be addiction transfer, just my thoughts oh and the need to stop fizzy drinks is due to it streching the stomach and i think some fizzy drinks are ment to give you cravings.

Good advice. I now recall one of the Consultants I saw saying about adiction and the empty calories, but I am not a big drinker and only have one glass of red wine per week so I wont miss it all that much. I hope. :eek: