• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill 2mos YIPPEE!!!

hi all
just got in and it been a long day finished work at 1pm and it 730pm and only now getting home as i had to travel to have 1st fill..
well very SHOCKED as when i arrived i had a meeting with wendy(nice lady) about my medical history.. was asked how much was in band and as i was told by surgeon EMPTY.. wendy said she will put in 3mils for me and i was so excited.
ot on the table lifted my legs and port was found needle went in (no pain) wendy said you already have fluid in there and withdrew 3.5mils.. i was gutted as was told it was empty!! she couldnt put in 3mils as i would of been very unwell so i had 1mil added..
they told me to phone THG to complain as this could of been dangerous!!!!!! faulse info about something in your body. wendy said this has happened alot lately and something has got be sorted as she could of taken my word for it and beleived the records i had brought home from the hospital and put in 3mils on top.
just like to say WLS group are great and doesnt hurt at all..
emma

Some bands are pre-filled on insertion. Mine was empty (i asked my surgeon) and I got a 6.5ml first fill in a 10ml band - we are all different it seems, just as in life, there is no right or wrong answers!!

Glad your fill went well though Emma - easy innit!!

Hi Emma, glad your fill wasn't painful and went ok. can't belive they already had 3mls in (i'm not a bander but thought that that amount was some time after the op). hope you get some answers from the hospital. take it easy hun and hope you fill makes you feel full.

could that have been what was causing you so much pain??? x

hi deebol i had 1mil put in band yesterday..
hi ali yes its easy and really painless..
hi tammy yes you hit the nail on the head hun and thats wht i had the trouble earlier on..
thanks emma xx

Hi Emma great news about your band fill, I too have the lovely Wendy from the wls group..boy that lady gets about! will have to say that I know you next time I see her! xx

band fill with wls

Hiya EGreen
I went to Edgbaston yesterday for my second fill. I had my first one done at Dolan Park and was dreading it because of the terrible time that Alice had. Anyhow the band fill at Dolan Park went really well, no pain, found port first time didn't hurt etc. Then I went to WLS at Edgbaston yesterday and it was really painfull:cry:. I had to raise and lower my legs three times (with the needle in my stomach) while she fished about for the port. At one point it slipped off of the side of the port and it was quite uncomfortable. My stomach really hurts today from all that poking around. Wendy did the fill, I had 1 mil added, taking me up to 5mls. On my weigh in I had put on 4 pounds, which was upsetting, but expected as I had so little restriction with the first fill, and had spent two weeks living on will power alone:sigh:. Anyway Wendy was helpfull with some dietary advice, and seemed genuinely concerned about my welfare. I will go with them again next time, but just wanted people to know that not every fill is the same. I was really expecting it to be painless as I had read such glowing reports about WLS before I went, but they struggled with me and now I am sore and tender in the port and injection site.

Take care, MNL

hi emma glad it all went ok shame about the missinformation tho, i dont know if i have any in there or what size my band is gona have to ask when i go back look forward to hearing if it makes any difference

hi all
deebol i am on fluids for 3days and then mush for 3.
i was feeling restriction this morning but not alot now but hey this is just the start of a long journey..
mnl thats mad how you were there too, what time did you go? have yu any restriction today hun? sos to hear about your discomfort with the port etc.
serenity not much of a diffrence but i only had 1mil and i have had 3.5mils in there for the last 6wks.
thanks all
emmax

Hiya Emma
my appointment time at Edgbaston yesterday was 3pm, I drove up from Northampton. I got to the clinic at 2:10, as I had not been before, I was paranoid about getting lost and being late. As it was, a couple of the roads I was meant to take in Birmingham were blocked off by the police because of the Conservative Convention that was on at the NIA/ICC, so I ended up going different directions, what a nightmare:wave_cry:.:wave_cry:. Anyway, I was done and left the clinic by 3:10. I feel tight in my stomach , but I think the proof will come once we start on the mushy food. As we have another two days of liquids, I think we probably wont be able to tell about the restriction untill we are eating something a bit more substantial. I just hope and pray that the restriction lasts much longer this time round, the first fill I had lasted only about a week. Hope you get the restriction that you need, let me know how you get on, I need to lose the 4 pounds I have put up before I can start the losing process again, but Wendy at WLS says that I should start to shed some more weight with this fill, and she gave me some good dietary advice, and what to change about what I had been eating. Once I am on solid food again, I plan to start following her suggestions and see how things go. Will let you know how it goes.

MNL xxxx

thanks mnl
its nice to know we are all in same boat and that there people like you and me that have had op in same place and fills and we can relate..
takecare emma

hi deebol
i'm booked in for a band on the 9th oct and i opted for the why go abroad option! Paid 4900!!
What about you?

Hiya Emma how did the fill go i have mine in 3 weeks time with the wls...gulp was it ok getting a bit gittery lol

hi deebol
i'm booked in for a band on the 9th oct and i opted for the why go abroad option! Paid 4900!!
What about you?
Hiya, Im having band on27th Oct at Dolan Park in Bromsgrove with The Hospital Group. Ive paid £4950. Have you started your pre op diet yet? If so what is it? Im startin slimfast on Monday for 2 weeks then milk and yoguat diet for the week before. Quite looking forward to it actually.x:D:D:D:D:D:D

Update Emma

Hiya Emma
was wondering how you are getting on with your first band fill? I have better restriction this time round, just been over a week now, and appear to be eating much smaller portions and not as hungry as I normally am. I made a really small salad for work on Monday and it lasted me two day's lunches. Hope all is going well for you, let us know how you are doing with your restriction:p
MNL

Back