• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

1st fill 2mos YIPPEE!!!

hi mnl
i did think at first that it hadnt worked very well but this week it has.. i have been being sick if i eat just a little too much i average at least twice a day..not nice but hey at least i know there something restricting me..have you been sick at all hun?
glad to hear you are ok and 2nd one working for you.
how many mils have you got in now?
emmaxx

Hiya Emma

I haven't had any sickness (thankgod), I have 5mls in the band now, and I think it holds a maximum of 10mls. I had 2.5 mils in the band during the operation, then on my first fill they put in 1.5mils taking it up to 4mils. Then on the fill at Edgbaston they put in another mil taking it to the 5mils. My chest is really tight, and has been since i had the second fill and I am definatley restricted to what I can eat. I had a side plate with dinner on last night and ate about 1/3 of it. A lot of the times I am not hungry but feel I should eat because that is what my brain is telling me to do, old habits die hard, don't they!!!
take care and hope the sickness goes off,.

Hi Emma and MNL, it sounds like your both doing well and I am glad you have restriction, I would not like the being sick bit but if it helps in the long run with changing how you eat it has to be worth it...xx

hi lind
thanks for your message and you are trully right about the sickness as i hate being sick but if it is my steps to my successfull journey then i dont mind..
takecare hun
emmaxx

Hey Em

how much do you have in your band? what size band do you have?
regards
MNL:)

Hi Em
I have a small 10cc band also. You have quite a bit in your band considering you have had only one fill. From what I can remember, I think you had quite a bit in there from surgery didn;t you? wasn't it about 3mls or so that was left in there and you were told it was empty by Dolan Park?? I was wondering how your weight was going. At the moment I am down 2 stone 7 pounds, but I seemed to have lost a load at first, then plateau, then lost a pound or two, then gained a bit, lost a pound. I was on this rollercoaster ride before I had my operation and was hoping that it would end with the operation and it hasn;t. What to do :sigh:

hi mnl
yeah i had 3.5mils in there at op..so had just 1mil put in
i lost 17lbs and have started putting on now 2lb this week and i have been totally gutted as my portions are half the size of before and i dont drink coke anymore or bread and have started exercising 3times a week..
i feel as though i am failing fast
emma

Hey Em

I can totally sympathise with you. I lost loads at first, mainly due to the milk diet pre-op. Then I lost a little bit more, gained a pound or two, had the first band fill, lost a few pounds, gained a pound or two, then had the second fill, lost 3 pounds, gained 3 pounds back. I am sick of yo-yoing. THe only difference between yo-yoing now, and yo-yoing before the operation, was that I am yo-yoing now and am down £5K!!. I hope this will settle down, I would be happy with 1 pound a week loss, just as long as it was consistently 1 pound everyweek, and not this up and down crap that I have had for years on end. It is so frustrating. :cry:
What are you going to do about another band fill? I think I am ok at the moment, I had a slip up, but plan on doing a liquid diet all over the weekend, go to the gym and give it 110% to see if I can get going again. My restriction is still there and I cannot still tolerate bread at all. I am eating much smaller portions, like you, and I go to the gym about 4-5 times a week. I have lost inches also though and dropped a couple of sizes, so I have to think about the positives and hope I can adjust my life to a life with a band, and learn to live with my band. I get depressed when I slip up, but must learn to get myself back on track quicker, and not dwell on the little set backs. Hope you get on top of your issues. Hang in there and I am sure this time next year, we will think back to this time and wonder how we ever doubted we would lose the weight eh?:eek:
take care
MNL

MNL you may be gaining weight due to the gym, if your dropping dress sizes it sounds like your building your muscles up and they weigh heavier...keep at it....xx

Yes MNL the gym will do that. I have buns of steel ha ha but my weight was stuck . Try and stay positive mate....i so know how u feel but you'll get there ! I do wonder tho, even tho u say your restriction is correct maybe its not. If u had the correct amount your hunger and chances of over eating, eating naughty stuff would be reduced because even if u did eat naughty, it wouldn't matter in comparison to your calorie intake daily. I was giving myself a tough time, feeling like u and it only took another fill to get there :)

Hello Emma, Been chatting to u by text so i know your ok but again the fill does this. what we think were eating is small but in comparison again to someone with a correct fill intake, it might not be as small as u think. When i was on 5ml i was having a boiled egg for breaki and 2 slices of toast. in comparison to my old breaki of 2 eggs 2 toast and maybe some biccies munch munch ....it seemed smaller but most banders like me now can only eat an egg and half a toast or cracker and then thats really filling. Maybe speak to Wendy mate cus she'll put u right. i was in floods of tears when i saw her, bad cold, hectic week and no restrcition and she put me straight. Don't suffer, u pay for help so get them to help u xxxxx

thanks liv
yeah wil have a chat to wendy and see what she says..
how did your fill go last week? how much did you have hun?
takecare babe
emmaxx

hey lind
your not old your just a young pup too lol
but sos hun still dont know who they are lol
takecare
emmaxx

Hy all
thanks for the help and support. Em let me know how you get on with your fill on October 20th. Are you going back to Edgbaston, or will you try Cardiff this time? Have you spoken to Wendy about how you are getting on? if so what did she say, suggest?

Well done lovebug on your weight loss, have you gone down in size? how are you feeling in yourself? do you go to the gym, if so how many times a week do you go? how much do you have in your band at the moment? what type of band do you have, what is the max it holds?
thanks for the information.
MNL:hug99:

hi mnl
i am gong to cardiff next time..
no i havnt spoke to wendy as i just think it is all trial and error hun
takecare emma

Back