• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

whats wrong with me

debbiejane

im having my gastric bypass on wed at st richards chichester and im not nervous at all ,i just cant wait its been such a long journey and im just so ready .but should i have nerves ? xxxx;););)

nerves are normal with any operation, i was the same before my ops, you will be fine just keep thinking positive thoughts about the new you to be, positive thinking will keep the nerves away xxx

i wasnt nervous at all until i was sat in the hospital pre-op room! i think the thought of all the things we need to do before we go into hospital and the things we need to sort take over and the nerves take a back seat as you dont have time to think about it (i think that makes sense!) good luck x

I had no nerves whatsoever. For me it was a case of what will be will be. Even sitting in the theatre waiting for Mr Khan chatting away to Mr Youseff I felt nothing but calm mixed with a bit of excitment.

Good luck with everything.

Bonita
xx

takes people totally differently - I was so fed up with waiting that I had no nerves whatsoever - practically ran to the operating theatre! Best of luck to you.

i wasnt nervous at all until i was sat in the hospital pre-op room! i think the thought of all the things we need to do before we go into hospital and the things we need to sort take over and the nerves take a back seat as you dont have time to think about it (i think that makes sense!) good luck x

That's when I started shaking too but only cos it was cold hehe. But I did release my pent up nerves when they were trying to put in the general as because it was cold, he couldn't get it into a vein and I starting crying as it hurt a bit as well heh. Next thing I know though, was in post-op waking up :)

Hi Debbie
had my bypass on 14 June and wasn't nervous at all until I found out I was second on the list and I thought 'oh my god' than they came for me and it was all over so quickly but I can honestly say I'm so glad I'm 2 weeks post op and feeling ok!!!

Anez xxxx

I think you get yourself so psyched up for it that by the time it arrives, you are so totally 'in the bypass zone' that all doubts and nerves have disappeared. Having said that, in my case, I will probably find as I'm about to get on the operating table that I will be pooping for Britain!!! Hope all goes well on Wednesday. All the best, Julie x

Back