• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When did you have pasta?

Dell

Running out of meal ideas at the moment, not seeing dietician til next week and my weeks 1-5 sheets don't mention pasta...

Nervous of new things at the moment, but a little tub of tuna pasta salad for my lunch is sounding verrrrrrrrrrrry tempting right now!
x

I think I had pasta around 5 weeks. Just take it slow at first - one twist at a time and give it time to go down nicely before the next one.

My sheet for 4/5 weeks says you can have pasta 25g dried
If you are getting a ready made one check the fat and sugar.

25g really is about your limit too. I (typically) thought it wouldn't be enough and made up 30g and couldn't finish it.

I made Orechietti with Tenderstem Broccoli and Prawns a recipe in the Return to Slender book and it was realy nice.

I did Charmaine but only to say she is going to investigate it. By the time she does that they would have taken payment off hubby's card.

I still struggle with pasta and can probably only eat 3/ twists before it kills my pouch x

I think I was around 3-4 months post-op before I succumbed to the lure of the pasta and when I did have it I had it very very soft and warm and chewed like crazy. It went well and I havent looked back since. The only thing that upsets pouchy is if I have spaghetti pasta, no matter how soft or well chewed it just sits badly.
Steph xx

I was 5 months out before I had pasta and reacted badly, haven't had it since

well I had it, didn't weigh it but just did a very small handful of dried and managed it all with some tuna and light mayo....altho I realised afterwards, it may have filled me up but its not exactly high protein is it :D

If I have pasta I have about 4 or 5 of the little stuffed parcels: spinach and ricotta...as I reckon there's more protein in it that way. Then I put a tomato based sauce on and lots of grated cheese for more protein. You can get meat stuffed ones too can't you? I had it first at about 9 weeks and its fine but I can't eat much at all.

Running out of meal ideas at the moment, not seeing dietician til next week and my weeks 1-5 sheets don't mention pasta...

Nervous of new things at the moment, but a little tub of tuna pasta salad for my lunch is sounding verrrrrrrrrrrry tempting right now!
x

NEVER! LOL I really dont like pasta! At all! - I really cant help lol - sorry x

Back