• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose Skin Ques for those that have lost a lot of weight?

I've lost over 5st and have plenty of loose skin on my tummy but as others have said rather that than a tummy full of fat.

When I was at my heaviest - 16st10lb, although I obviously had flabby large legs and bum, I could always tense those areas and they would become solid. When I dropped a few stone these areas became MUCH wobblier. My DH said that I was 'smaller but er...er... softer' (Thanks a lot!)

I've now been at my present weight for about 6 months and my legs and bum are definitely getting much firmer again, really noticably so. I do massage body cream in every day, I don't do much exercise except for yoga.

So, although I might still want surgery in the future; having seen how things have firmed up I won't be rushing off to go under the knife.

That's very interesting Fiona ... I don't know if it's true or not but I'm going to ask my GP if there's ANY chance of a tummy tuck on the NHS in the future as I've gone from a BMI of 56 to (currently) a BMI of 36 and still a way to go. My tummy is already looking pretty ghastly: I dread to think what it's going to look like after the whole 12st has gone! (Not to mention my spaniel's ears boobies and sad saggy inner thighs!)

I knew a woman who had a tummy tuck on the NHS - she hadn't been obese or even overweight but her tummy had stretched a lot during pregnancy. This was about 12 years ago though and the NHS is a lot tighter now about what they fund: quite often it's a post-code lottery!

Anyway, it won't hurt to ask.

Debbie x

After what happened to my son, I'm afraid you wouldn't get me into an NHS hospital for anything other than life saving treatment. No way. If I decide to have any bits "fixed" I'll raise the money somehow, but I want to be a "customer" not a "service user" to use the latest jargon.
Ann

Also i believe sassy76 has just had a tummy tuck and breast implants !

Something you wanna tell us mr moose ! lol

:D

PMSL He's been watching Little Britain where Andy had a boob job :D

Ann, what happened to your son? I have had several ops in NHS hospitals and couldn't fault them - i do think it depends on where you go though and it shouldn't :S

Surgery in Tunisia

Im seeing a Dr on the 19th October to arrange a tummy tuck and boob job in Tunisia. If i get down to my ideal bmi 25 i can have the operation over the Christmas period. The cost will be around £4000.
I hope to be down 3 stones for my October consultation.
My stomach was a mess even when i was only 9st 7 lbs. So it is something that i have wanted for ages.

Having had both I am delighted with the result, as is my husband..
My only warning girls is these places abroad..
PLEASE PLEASE look into them.. there was an article on the news last week, a lady had a tummy tuck abroad.. said she wished she had checked them out more.. it looked all above board, and there was a much cheaper price tag which enticed her..

I cant begin to explain the mess she was in, her stomach is runed for life.. I know this can happen anywhere, but there are certain qualifications and certain organisations that a surgeon should be part of before you decide that he or indeed she is the one for you.

Not preeching guys just be careful.. I would hate to hear a horror story after all the hard work this weight took to lose!

Yes you have to be very careful who you chose. I read about this surgeon in a magazine article about an Englsh lady who had it done and was very pleased with the the results.

I also contacted Linda briggs she has arranged the consultation with him here in England. She has further pictures and magazine articles about his work. I would be wary of a surgeon who just worked off emailed photographs.

A friend has had problems with a tummy tuck done in Harley street. Got a nasty infection and scar not healing well.

Having lost 7 stone, I can honestly say things have 'firmed' up. I have maintained for over a year (still got 7 stone to go, so maintaining is not quite what I want to achieve but better that then regaining :rolleyes: and things have got firmer. Once I get to goal I will reassess, but hopefully good genes, lots of moisturising and some luck mean no surgery for me - apart from maybe on the spaniels ears that used to be my boobs!! :p

apart from maybe on the spaniels ears that used to be my boobs!! :p

Mine are like fat spaniels ears anyway so goodness knows what they'll be like when I get to goal :rolleyes:

Saying that, I think that we see and what everyone else sees are two different things. My mate asked me if I'd had a boob job as mine are so much fuller and pert than hers and she's younger than me :D

I'm just hoping for the best and religiously using firming lotions and creams. i don't think I could face any unnecessary surgery, i've had far too much necessary surgery in the past :(

Im going to tunisia on the 1st of september for a boob job.

This is the company i am using:

http://www.cosmeticatravel.com/english/default.asp

I heard about them through a DH user, who knew a client had been there. I emailed them a barrage of questions, and also emailed a previous patient of theres before making my decision.

It isnt long now so im getting a bit scared!

Surgery in Tunisia

Hi Becky

I have looked at the website they look very good. How much are you paying for the operation. I still need to loose 4 stones yet so looking at all options. I want a boob job and tummy tuck. Let me know how you get on.

P XX

Hi Pod,

Im paying £1750 for the op, which includes a week in a 5 star hotel half board.

My bf is coming with me and he is paying £280 to share a double with me.

Not long now! Will let you know how i get on

When are you getting them done Becky?

Good luck, hope everything goes well.

Thanks Ann,

I think they have interent access in the hotel so i will try and log to let you know how it went.

Jellybabe,

I go a week friday, not sure how many days now but it should say on my tracker below!

23!! oooh not long!

Just been to have my blood tests done that i need for it, but didnt have a thing signed by my doc so they wouldnt do it! I need them done at least three weeks done before, which is tomorrow, so hope i can get it sorted then!

I'd love to get my boobs done, a tummy tuck and some liposuction on my thighs and knees (my arms could do with toning up too) but can't even face the thought of surgery after my troubles a few years ago. I ended up with septacaemia after having my daughter by caesarian, terrible time for my family and me because they told them I was on the way out and to "say goodbye". It's made me very very scared of having anything else done even though I had my gallbladder removed less than a year later.

I'm so jealous of everyone who's having their ops, but don't think I'm brave enough to do it myself.

Carolxxx

Thanks Ann,

I think they have interent access in the hotel so i will try and log to let you know how it went.

Jellybabe,

I go a week friday, not sure how many days now but it should say on my tracker below!

HI Becky,

Not long to go...it would be something else to be able to talk to you and see how you are when you are away having your operation.

I hope you get all sorted and that everything goes well for you.

I'd love to get my boobs done, a tummy tuck and some liposuction on my thighs and knees (my arms could do with toning up too) but can't even face the thought of surgery after my troubles a few years ago. I ended up with septacaemia after having my daughter by caesarian, terrible time for my family and me because they told them I was on the way out and to "say goodbye". It's made me very very scared of having anything else done even though I had my gallbladder removed less than a year later.

I'm so jealous of everyone who's having their ops, but don't think I'm brave enough to do it myself.

Carolxxx

Hi Carol,

That was such an awful experience for you and I can understand why you would not want to go near another operation ever again.

While none of us would be happy with loose skin...it is still much better to be healthy and fit...the weight does get to the joints eventually, so it is well worth it to lose the weight anyways.

I do a lot of moisturising in the hope it will work and that I wont need any reconstruction...like that I would not be keen on having it done, but at the end of the day no one knows until they get to where their goal is and then see how one feels.

I am a big scaredy cat when it comes to hospital:eek: dentists, doctors...etc.:rolleyes: but I do have a lovely dentist and two very nice lady doctors.

hi to everyone

Just thought i would tell everyone a bit about my surgery.I lost 14 stone in just over a year through lots of exerices and healthy eating it wasn't really a diet just changed what I was eating,now is the hard part maintaining it .After all that loss I had lots of extra skin as you can imagine, my other half said I lost the other person who used to sit on my back.Well just over a year ago I had a tummy tuck in East Grinstead hospital by a lovely surgeon Mr Mark Pickford, he is great,then about 8 weeks ago I have had my boobs done and my thighs and buttocks lifted. The boobs went really well had to have inplants put in, the thighs and buttock lift was quite hard as you have to sit down and that is quite difficult to do but can be funny as me and my cushion did travel, if anyone wants to no any of the nitty gritty I'm more than happy to tell you.

Back