• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Loose Skin Ques for those that have lost a lot of weight?

In search of me

ohh wheres they all gone? What happened with surgeries!! Please update...would love to know!

girlygirl

Hi, I know I am being very premature about this, but, I hate the thought of losing this weight to find that I have to beg steal or borrow to finally get my body to where I want it to be! How bad does it have to be for the NHS to actually help out?

Is it something you can get on a list for before you reach goal so that by the time you get to goal you are somewhere near the top?

How long IS the waiting list... you know what.. I see my nurse on Tues for my fortnightly BP check.. I'm going to ask her to talk to my GP about it now and forewarn them that I will be doing my damndest next year to get whatever surgery is needed - in the meantime all this talk of loose skin has made me think seriously about starting an exercise regime... I do know I will have a major problem with my right inner thigh already.... sheesh, not as simple as just shifting the damn weight is it!!!

I'm SO impressed by all your posts though - thanks for starting this thread! I look forward in many respects to facing the problem of loose skin next year sometime!

Jennie

I have bad loose/hanging/wrinkled skin, too, on tummy, inner thighs, bottom and upper arms. It looks HORRIBLE.

I've lost nearly 9 stones and have a couple to go so the problem can only get worse.

A dermatologist on TV recently said that if loose skin hasn't 'snapped back' within six months it never would. She also advised against expensive creams - 'a waste of money' she said. The damage is deep below and within the skin - treating the surface cab't 'cure' it.

I, too, am considering surgery tho' the mere idea scares me. Tummy tuck at the least.

I need to beg the NHS cos I just couldn't raise the money to pay and I worry about private clinics - traps perhaps for the unwary!

We shall see. I know for certain that this problem will not improve by itself and that already the hanging skin is upsetting me and holding me back. Undress in front of my man? NO WAY.

I'd love to hear from others about any successful NHS-funded ops.

loulouh79

hi there,

I have just read your post and amazing weight loss, Looking good.

I'm actually based in Chelmsford and am considering arm surgery (for those bingo wings) once i have lost my 3 stone. I have only lost 9 lbs but in between my legs seem to be looking a little loose and saggy.

do you kow if that is a procedure your surgeon does?

L x

loopytigger

loose skin

:) Well loose skin yes can be really bad i no about that.All the exercise in the world want shift it if your pron to it i am very happy with my surgery had to have tummy, boobs bum, and front and back of legs:eek:

rowanx2

New mum losing wt again!
i worried about loose skin when I started. i did a search on the net and it seemed to be a big reason why people wouldnt loose weight, which is daft really - at least loose skin is healthy skin!
Couldnt find any real photos of what i would call loose skin, the ones i saw were just podgy tums imo, too soon for tummy tucks, thye still needed to continue losing.

anyway what i did was i lost my weight in drips and drabs, i did a lot of maintining after significant losses - sometimes deliberatly, sometimes i just couldnt seem to lose much lol!
I did lots of toning exercises, floor one, leg lifts especially.

after some losses my fat would go looser, more pliable so i'd get doing the floor exercises with vigour and i'd start toning up - then start losing again.

i cant say for sure but i think doing it that way (in stages) helps alot, as youre giving your skin time to catch up with itself.

Slimseaa

Hi all, i have lost nearly 6 stones so far, and have only recently started exercising, but not that mush, have been really lazy. I really need advice on this loose skin business. I do out boi oil and palmer's firming lotion, but only started this 1 week ago, and only have been putting it on once a day and not twice daily as recommended. I have recently purchased this leg magic exercise thing and have joined a new gym which will be opening this month.

Pls advice, have noticed my stomach and boobs are going wrinkly slowly (i am only 27), my totaly weight loss will be nearly 10 stones when i am done.

rowanx2

New mum losing wt again!
slimsea, i've seen that leg magic, it looks good, use it often!
Creams re only going to help to a certain extent but keep using what you are.
You know old fashioned type exercises, where you lie on your side and rais your legs? I'd say do them, also kneel on all fours and hold your leg out - do pelvic floor ones as they tone your legs and bum.
For your stomach, do you have any weights?? If so lie on the floor on your back, legs bent and hold the weight behind your head till you feel your ribs pulling, hold as long as you can - these help I reckon.
And those i must i must improve my bust, and girly press ups.
And dont forget simple stretching exercises.

They arent strenous but make a difference.

and well done on your loss!!!!

I see youre aiming for 22 bmi, it might be you'll look better skin wise if you stopped before that, but thats your choice. I think if you can keep some fat in there then it's going to help the appearance tremendously.

Slimseaa

Thanks RowanX for your fantastic advice, I really do appreciate it, will give the exercises a go at the weekend. Yes i ordered my Legmagic last night, so am looking forward for getting it! Will let you know how it goes. Well done for your weight loss.

Hi Angela
Loose skin is a problem for me, and I haven't even quite finished losing weight yet, but having lost 9 stone I can tell you it's worth doing despite the skin.
As you lose weight, remember that the weight loss is a great achievement in itself, and while a saggy tummy - that if you get it - won't be part of the body you desire, you'll still have done something amazing to be proud of.
Good luck!

Strawberri

Mad As A Hatter
just wanna say thanks to everyone who has shared their stories and experiences you guys are my inspiration.

I obviously know with 245lbs to lose im going to look like an african elephant with the moutains of skin - as I already have loose skin from going from 34 stone last year to the 28/29 stone I am this year..

But when I spoke to my local doc he told me not to worry as soon as Ive hit target and stayed within a healthy BMI range for six months Ill be able to get ALL the skin removed with the NHS.

Which was a shock to hear because I thought I would have to sell my soul and possibly my new body to medical science before i could afford the bingo wing lifting - spaniel titties plumping and the elehantitis removing skin operations..??

Maybe my doc is just insane :rolleyes:

starry

Hi
Have lost just under 10 stone in a year after a bypass and I am 34.

My Loose skin is very bad my tummy is a seperate entity !! mind you I have also had 3 c sections.

arms and boobs bad in fact none of it is great but I wouldnt change back for ANYTHING - it is the lesser of the evils xx

fatbutnot4long

my gp said he will refer me for my boobs and my tummy tuck and see what they say as my pct are very helpfull for weight loss surgery and other bits that come along with it! i have to lose 12 stone first thou! 7 down 5 to go xxx

mygirllollypop

I am hoping to get Tummy Tuck and Boob Job after my surgery! I am 23 and need to lose just under 13stone, So I am bound to have lose skin!

I figure there are a few ways I will eventually get my "happy body" after surgery...

Manage to get the TT & BJ on the NHS
Pay for it myself
Get onto an Embarressing Bodies type TV show...

I'm gonna do my best to tone exercise and hoping my age will help with elastic-icy (spelling!) of my skin, Will also be bio oiling etc for stretch marks.

Jcoco

Thanks so much for this

I'm at the beginning of my journey but even when I was 12 stone overweight I have saggy loose skin so I know its inevitable that I'm going to have to have skin removed when I ready my goal. My arms, tummy and thighs are already loose and I still have 9 1/2 stone to lose. I agree that this is the price I have to pay for almost 10 years of being double the size my body should be. By the way you look great sassy76 ;)
Helloooooooooooo !!

Let me tell u a little about my Journey for the dieters out there that don't know me..

I'm previously Haylee76 from the other forums,
I have lost now over 11 stone in weight, and last year went under the knife for a Mastopexy Operation, which took me from a 34-36E cup to a 34 B Cup..
the results where outstanding, but I had always wanted to have my boobs back so to speak.. lol:p

I went under the knife again 25th July 2006, just 11 days ago to have Implants, taking me back to a 34DD and a Abdominoplasty operation (tummy tuck) which I am amazed wth the results of!

After losing the amount of weight that I did, I believe both of these operations were inevitable. Obviously it would depend on the amount of time you were overweight, age, skin tone, elasticity etc...

I was 11 stone overweight for some 12 years, so I have paid the price, and the operations were needed to give me the body image I wanted!

I am obviously still recovering from the operation, and have a few more check up appointments to ensure I am through any problems, but so far so good.. at 9 days I had the staples/clips removed from my tummy, and the drains were removed then too...

If anyone has any specific questions related to these surgeries, please ask away.

As soon as the tapes are taken off of my tummy I will be only too happy to show you before and after photo's if you so wish?

My Surgeon was Mr Mark Gittos who works from the Bups Hospitals (Essex Nuffield & the Hartswood Hospital - Brentwood) I cannot praise his professonalism more! He has an impeccable bedside manner, reassures you all the way, and is VERY precise in his work, FANTASTIC Surgeon.

Any questions, please Ask!

I have also had my up's and down's during my weight loss, and restarting my journey a few times when I didnt think it was possible anymore..

So for any help please just shout:)

Sassy 76 AKA Haylee