• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When will my energy return

juliagulia

I'm 2weeks post op and I find myself so tired after any task. I go for walks but then I need to rest. I went out for a half hour today came home ate lunch and had to nap! I'm scared to go back to work I'm afraid I'm going to fall asleep after a task!

I still have a hard time with my energy levels. I am 4 weeks out and still need a nap after doing some things. It has gotten better for me though. So you will start to see an improvement. Especially when you get to eating more. I think that has alot to do with it. I think. Lol

That's right, as you are not putting in a lot of 'fuel' with food your body has no energy. When you manage to eat more and your body has healed from the surgery your energy levels will go up. It took 8 weeks before I felt normal again and to this day still need a bit more sleep each night than I ever used to before.

I don't mind more sleep at night. It's during the day that's killing me, ESP since I can't have coffee. It seems like since I have started eating I have even less energy, god I hope it gets better as I work on my feet longer hours!

I don't mind more sleep at night. It's during the day that's killing me, ESP since I can't have coffee. It seems like since I have started eating I have even less energy, god I hope it gets better as I work on my feet longer hours!

I was about 10 weeks before i felt ready for the world

Why can't you have coffee?

Give yourself time to heal honey.

It took me four months to get my energy levels back to where they were pre op, though I was fit enough to work after two weeks. You'll be fine just make sure you are properly hydrated and getting as much protein down your neck as you can, I know this is easier said than done in the early days

im so worried about the tiredness thing, i really cant be tired in my job :(

im consantly tired, the b12 injection yesterday has made no differance?
it doesnt help that im on tramadol & a sedative for a trapped nerve in my neck grrrrrrrr
i could sleep all day :( x

lamornamiss said:
I was about 10 weeks before i felt ready for the world

Why can't you have coffee?

Dr said no coffee foe 3 months. It's a diarrhetic and you can become dehydrated. I'm gonna hold out as long as I can!

Can u have tea?

Make sure you are taking your vitamins as well, I used slimast shakes a lot in the early days on top of my vits as they are full of protein and vitamins, just remember you have had major surgery too so its only natural to be tired!

Hi Julia,

I am 9 weeks post op and having had my B12 injection 5 weeks ago I started to gain some of my energy back around about the b12 jab stage but by then I was eating normally at the 3 week stage. Everyone is different and reaches different stages at different times.

I need to be in bed no later than 10pm but I dont sleep a long time, but that was my normal pattern before the surgery. For about 4 weeks after my op I could have fallen asleep pegged on the washing line...... LOL........ imagine that!!!!! me pegged to the washing line throwing out the ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ha ha ha :D x

also very tired had b12 and all me vits/iron daily etc. seen consultant today who told me to see GP! lol eh?

I have that nescafe 3 in 1 coffee and have been fine. I only have 2 a day because of the sugar and when I run out of them I have 1 milky coffee with one very flat sugar. I drink tea with no sugar but only have maybe 3 a day> I drink water and sugar free juice. x

I'm sure that coffee should be on prescription :D

Its the only thing that wakes me up in the morning.:rolleyes: I only have 2 or 3 a day

Milky coffee is coffee with loads of milk or made just using hot milk instead of water

Back