• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

where to start !!

saroya

hi all,

I am 37 .. BMI 46.5..I have been struggling with my weight issues all my life , asked my GP to refer me for bariatric surgery as its my only option now after I failed all diets I am diabetic and high blood pressure . :cry: but she referred me to OWLS (oxford weight loss services) in may (haven't heard any thing from them yet :confused:

R there any members from oxford here to tell me about their journeys

I'm not from Oxford but in derbyshire you had to do a weight loss service before they would refer you to surgery so its all a stepping stone :)

Weight management services are highly subscribed, so you'll most probably be on the waiting list. You could try giving them a ring to confirm this. I know I waited nearly 3 months when I was referred. Because I had done nearly a year on Orlistat with GP I was actually referred for surgery after my first weight management appointment.

Last edited:
im nearing the end of my weight management course after which my referral will go on to the surgeon with my records. i waited about 4 months from referral till i could get a space on the course

Back