• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whey Isolate

ItsmePaula

I hope this ok to post. I didn't really know where to post it. Anyhooo I was reading through a book that I have purchased from http://www.bariatriccookery.com/ and she suggests Syntrax Nectar which is a Whey Isolate.

Apparently if you are like me and just could not force another shake down your throat this is an alternative way to get your protein. Especially in the early days. It has loads of yummy looking flavours, and the best bit it you can make it up with water.. :woohoo:

I'm still not sure so I thought I would ask to see if any one had tried it. If not I don't mind being a guinea pig and trying it. Check it out by googling SYNTRAX NECTAR. They do do sachets so I am hoping to pick up a few flavours before spending a whole bunch of money for something I don't like.

It was one of the popular brands around when I had my band in 2009 but I've not seen it around for some time?

I would advise anyone to try samples before committing to buying a huge tub of something you can't stomach x

Let us know what you think if you do try it @ItsmePaula.
I'm a total noob when it comes to protein shakes and stuff but i've read over and over on here how they come in really handy after surgery. I know my cousin buys them for working out, i might just ask him to try some of his before i buy any lol

@Mazza I am currently looking for some different flavours. I wouldnt pay out £30 to go in the bin. I am hoping they are nice.

@_Victoria_ I think with me it is trial and error. I dont drink tea or coffee, but i drink squashes. I am hoping my taste buds change so I can drink tea or coffee.. As for the drinks yes try them. they are really expensive. I know @Andy74 is drinking the unflavoured one.. I'm not sure which brand though..

Very wise @ItsmePaula and I hope you find something you like :D

My current favourite is Bulk Powders protein coffee, which I have in the week as 'breakfast' on the go because I'm usually driving somewhere :(

I don't drink tea or coffee either so i understand how you feel. I even have a hard time drinking milk. I guess the flavourless one would be cool 'cause you could put it in soup and stuff and hopefully not really notice a difference

How hard is it to get samples of the syntrax nectar. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack that's not even there lol...

How hard is it to get samples of the syntrax nectar. It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack that's not even there lol...

Oh dear, can you even get it anymore (full size tubs I mean)? I know Carol's book is quite old now, I think it was re published in 2010.

I have some sachets of fuzzy peach that I got after reading her book. I think I got a box from Amazon, have you looked there?

Well if I've still got some in date I'll let you know and you can have it x

Back