• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Which yoghurts and fromage frais

chris2710

I've been trying to do an online shop for when I come out of hospital after by-pass. Which are the best yoghurts or fromage frais for me to chose?

Hi Chris I've been having smooth muller lights and petit filous if that helps x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

When I came out of hospital I was on free fluids first, then moved on to 'sloppy' puree, thin enough to run off a spoon - so I avoided yogurt initially (except one time when I had a delicious frozen yogurt at Bluewater - like a Mr whippy ice-cream)

The dietician recommended Petits Filous for it's protein content and easily to deal with sized pots - loving the Apricot ones!

Good luck with the surgery and congratulations on being so organised!

I've been trying to do an online shop for when I come out of hospital after by-pass. Which are the best yoghurts or fromage frais for me to chose?

Petite filous are the best fromage frai to get - they are the size your pouch will be - so its a good thing to visualise when eating.

My Dietitian recommended me the Shape zero fat delight yoghurt's for being high in protein, they are thick though so wait till you are a few weeks post op - they have bits in - but they are very filling - have only managed a whole one twice so far they are 125g but she said its ok as they slide through well.

Sounds like it's going to be Petits Filous then, thanks for your replies.
Have to make a confession though, Dinda, I'm suffering from menapausal (sp) brain, so if i don't do things when I think about it, it just doesn't get done!

petit filous are the right size for after op , it's really hard trying to get a muller light in and end up throwing loads away :( but muller light later are brilliant coz they are 100% fat free and 88 cals a pot xx good luck

good thing to know

The best yoghurt are the Fage Greek ones. Very high in protein and you can get them zero fat

Karlos said:
The best yoghurt are the Fage Greek ones. Very high in protein and you can get them zero fat

Will try one of those too, thanks.

Back