• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who is having/had the gastric sleeve?

I haven't found many people on here as yet who have had or plan to have the gastric sleeve.

This is the op that I am hoping to have at Charing Cross Hospital. It was suggested that it would be better for me, despite the fact that my bmi is only (only???) around 40.

I'd love to hear from people who have experienced it or are hoping to have it. :flirt2: x

Hi, when I was at my last pre op appointment to see my surgeon I began talking with a lady in the waiting room. She had had a gastric sleeve earlier this year and has lost 6 stone since! Although she did admit she has become a gymaholic now which has helped! She looked great though, it obviously worked extremely well for her.

Good luck with your weightloss journey,
Cuppa xx

I haven't got a date yet, but when I spoke to the doctor last week they said that dates for surgery are looking at March-ish next year x

hi, i'm having the gastric sleeve on 7th jan 2010 at luton & dunstable. my last meal will be my xmas dinner, then milk diet from boxing day.
sue

I would be interested to hear of people's journeys with the sleeve too, it's certainly an option I would consider

I may be having a sleeve operation but not by choice. I want to have the gastric bypass and I am scheduled to have one on the 19th Jan 2010. however, due to my extremely high BM1 I was told that it would be a technical decision on the day of my op which procedure I have. I am guessing when I go for my appointment on the 7th January I will know more.

Hey hun i was thinking about the sleeve but due to alot of thinking and my eating habbits i decided against it . Good luck tho:)

Sharon:)

I had my sleeve on the 23rd January, (five weeks ago) I couldn't be more thrilled and have so far lost two stone.
love
Sandra x

Back