• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who lost what with the Gastric Band?

Hi all.

Just wanted a rough idea on weight loses for the Banding?
I am 1 week away from my liver reduction diet (for 2 weeks) and op on the 18th June! (Bring it on)

Let me know folks.....

Thanks
x

Last edited:
Hi Scrunchie,

Weight loss surgery is just a tool, you yourself will still have to work hard to lose weight. It involves being good to yourself, disciplined about food choices and moving more.

It is not an easy journey, it can have it's ups and it's downs but for me the best part about it is that I have lost my addiction to food.

And for me I have been able to get fitter and do more.

It's a personal journey for each and everyone one of us, some have it easier than others but the results, however long they take are worth it :)

Hi Cazbandy

Thank yo so much foryour lovely reply and i do agree with you!

I hope this will also help me with my food addiction...i think about it from the moment i wake to the second i sleep! And then the 2nd thought i have is which diet i will start today! I can't do this anymore...

Can i ask a personal question? I have read that the wind is horrendous??? Any thoughts?
xxx

I cannot deny it was horribly uncomfortable to begin with, I felt like I was 22 months pregnant about to give birth to a mammoth but after a couple of days and plenty of walking (lots of 5 mins at a time) it eased off by the end of the first week and became just midly irritating after that for about another week and a half.

I definitely farted for England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland and maybe a small European country like Belgium :D Parp!

hi schruchie, i lost 7st 7 in the 1st 18 months, maintained a long time i had a relapse because of band complications and regained 2 stone i now have 7 llbs to go to re reach my original target of 7st 7 loss.

its been very hard work and you have to use will power on a daily basis, lapse and weight can and wil go back on.

liz x

:copon:yes i fart alot as well, i just blame the OH :eek:

I've lost 49 1/2 lb since beginning of milk diet. It is quite a lot I think because I have such a large amount to lose. People of my weight seem usually to have by-pass. Ididn't for a number of reasons.
Good luck to you x

Hi Scrunchie,

Weight loss surgery is just a tool, you yourself will still have to work hard to lose weight. It involves being good to yourself, disciplined about food choices and moving more.

It is not an easy journey, it can have it's ups and it's downs but for me the best part about it is that I have lost my addiction to food.

And for me I have been able to get fitter and do more.

It's a personal journey for each and everyone one of us, some have it easier than others but the results, however long they take are worth it :)

i had to reply to this as i love reading your posts as we were banded at simular time and lost simular amounts:) iv never lost my food addiction and have come to terms that i propbably never will but for the first time in my life i do feel in control of it .

Back