• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

whoopee phone call from st richards.

juliet64

just got a call from st richards offering me an appointment tomorrow morning at 10 with mr sommers, iam so happy this has really made my day, roll on tomorrow.:bliss:

ahh thats brilliant news, congratulations, good luck tomorrow x

great news hope it goes well for you

Ali

hi everyone all went great this morning mr somers has agreed to a gastric bypass which will be done in 3-4 months, those still waiting dont worry this morning was a last minute clinic as he had a free morning ,there are now 5 surgeons doing ops at st richards so things are getting quicker hope your wait is not too long. julie:bliss:.x

Great news Julie. What sort of things did you get asked, have done? my first appointment is 1st June.

sorry its taken so long to reply, heads all over the place at the moment, at my appointment shaw asked me about my general health and then asked about my eating habits, how much i eat if i have big meals, if i snack between meals and if i always clear my plate,he then asked about contraception i told him i was on depo provera injections he told me i would never lose weight on them even with surgery.
he then asked what surgery i wanted i told him i would respect his opinion as to what would be best thats when he recomended the gastric bypass he told me about the operation, said he should be able to do it keyhole then asked me if i had any questions, told me i should have my operation in 3-4 months.
hope this information helps. julie.:eatdrink023:

yes, i wont be going for my next injection i will have to persuade dear hubby to have the snip or see about getting sterilized after my op,:eek: julie

Useful post Julie. I'm due to go and see Mr Slater on 29 April. I presume he's likely to ask the same sort of questions? Hopefully, the timescale for the op will be the same too - 3-4 months? Anyone able to clarify that? Cheers. Julie x

shaw somers said that once you have had your consultation the clock starts ticking for the 18 week deadline that the pct lays down in its rules although they have been behind they are doing everything they can to adhere to these rules.
Dont forget initial appointments are being done in the loxwood centre, which is entrance 2 opposite mum and baby unit.julie.x

Back