• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why are these sleeve food diaries so sparse?!

Samsara

I'm interested to see what people can eat but no-one seems to post that often - nor have they posted here for some time. Am I being silly/missing something/looking in the wrong place? :confused:

I think in my case it's been trial and error to be honest

I'm a sleever 10mnths post op- only eating for 3 months or so - couldn't tell u what I can eat on a daily basis as it varies hugeley. For example..

Yesterday
Breakfast - teaspoon porridge -sick
Mid morning - chicken soup - sick
Lunch - a cracker with pate - too full to eat it all
Dinner - half chicken wing, brocolli floret tablespoon carrots

Today
Breakfast - 1/5 banana - sick
Lunch - half chicken wing, 3 green beans, tablespoon carrots, tablespoon mash - didn't eat mash or green beans
Dinner - 2 kiwi fruit and some grated cheese

That's a good day for me!

Prior to yesterday I hadn't eaten since wednesday, everything making me sick. I just put it down to probs had and have been told I'm doing well, don't worry. My friend has a sleeve and eats 5 times as much 5 meals a day anything they want.

Today I have eaten

B - 1 rasher bacon in 1 slice of bread
L - 5 tortellini with cheese and chorizo inside, a bit of olive oil, black pepper and grated cheese on top.
D - 80g steak, 1/2 onion, 1/2 courgette and some mushrooms
Snacks - Xmas cake, small Lindt bear, a few randoms.

I'm a sleever 10mnths post op- only eating for 3 months or so - couldn't tell u what I can eat on a daily basis as it varies hugeley. For example..

Yesterday
Breakfast - teaspoon porridge -sick
Mid morning - chicken soup - sick
Lunch - a cracker with pate - too full to eat it all
Dinner - half chicken wing, brocolli floret tablespoon carrots

Today
Breakfast - 1/5 banana - sick
Lunch - half chicken wing, 3 green beans, tablespoon carrots, tablespoon mash - didn't eat mash or green beans
Dinner - 2 kiwi fruit and some grated cheese

That's a good day for me!

Prior to yesterday I hadn't eaten since wednesday, everything making me sick. I just put it down to probs had and have been told I'm doing well, don't worry. My friend has a sleeve and eats 5 times as much 5 meals a day anything they want.

Goodness me - that doesn't seem much at all. Are you getting all your protein and nutrient requirements met? Poor you x x and thanks for sharing.

Today I have eaten

B - 1 rasher bacon in 1 slice of bread
L - 5 tortellini with cheese and chorizo inside, a bit of olive oil, black pepper and grated cheese on top.
D - 80g steak, 1/2 onion, 1/2 courgette and some mushrooms
Snacks - Xmas cake, small Lindt bear, a few randoms.

Ahhhh, so bacon and steak may still be a possibility?! Hurrah! :) Do you have to cut it up into pencil rubber sized pieces? x (and chew it a million times?!)

Last edited:
I post my on myfitnesspal

I'm 2 1/2 months post op

Xxx

Thank you. I'm not really sure how my fitness pal works but I will investigate and add you :) I was looking at your stats and your current weight is the same as your start weight - is that right 2 1/2 months post op? x x x

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh, so bacon and steak may still be a possibility?! Hurrah! :) Do you have to cut it up into pencil rubber sized pieces? x (and chew it a million times?!)

Of course! I'm 6 months post op and there is nothing I can't eat. I do cut meat quite small as it fills me up very quickly. I chew far less than I did at the beginning but I guess I chew more than I did pre-op. I enjoy what I eat though x

So do I

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm feeling all over the place with my eating. Yesterday I think I felt hungry for the first time and actually felt like I ate too much. It worries me that I may be able to eat too much and the sleeve won't work :(

I'm feeling all over the place with my eating. Yesterday I think I felt hungry for the first time and actually felt like I ate too much. It worries me that I may be able to eat too much and the sleeve won't work :(

When was your op? Are you using my fitness pal? It's really good. The main tip is to focus on protein so lean meat or fish. I could eat bags and bags of crisps or 2 fish fingers and be full.

Please don't post your full or MFP names on here.

Anything said on WLSurgery.com - Weight Loss Surgery Forum can be found through the usage of services that cache/store/index material for purposes of searching such as a search engine.

Everyone with necessary amount of posts can add social networking icons to their profile as follows, just as wannabeminime and tealovingsleever have:

http://www.wlsurgery.com/news-please...ork-links.html (Social Network Links) (Social Network Links)

Guests/Non Registered members cannot see these links but they can see your names if you post them.
If you haven't got enough posts - keep posting and contributing to other threads :D

Myfitnesspal is a fantastic tool which is why the facility to add the link was added.

Hi! Today I had
Breakfast-one low fat yoghurt
Lunch- chicken soup
Dinner- cube of chicken and one baby potato
No snacks and I'm 6 weeks post op

Thank you. I'm not really sure how my fitness pal works but I will investigate and add you :) I was looking at your stats and your current weight is the same as your start weight - is that right 2 1/2 months post op? x x x

Sorry only use the on my iPhone & can't work out how to up date from iPhone!!! I'm down 50lbs :)

Back