• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why do people try and jeopardise their operations?

PinkyButtonz

This has been such an interesting subject.

I keep hearing about The Rule. I'm sure no 2 bariatric teams follow the same Rules or at least very few are reading from the same rule sheet.

I seen that some say you shouldn't eat bread, I've never been told that. I was just told I may find it easier to eat if toasted or in crispbread form.

I'm a great believer (since my op) in moderation. Failed at pracitsing it before my op. I personally don't believe in using food as a treat/reward. If I occasionally want a biscuit I'll have one, just not 5 or 6 I use to have before my op.

I'm fortunate, I've never been a chocoholic or had a sweet tooth but I do have other weaknesses which I choose to avoid.

Pinkyx

Sambucca

Thats a really good point Pinky. I think in the original post Jaffa mentioned something about us "swearing blind that we would stick to the rules"... well my provider didnt give us any rules, apart from 4 weeks liquid then 4 weeks sloppy, then that we would be able to eat a "normal diet" whatever that is.

tesmaralda

Let's get back to Bev...

Bev before weight loss surgery we tend to reward ourselves with food, however i know how committed you are to your pre op health and diet so i've had a brainwave!! Doesn't happen often..

Rather than reward yourself with food for all the exercise you do, why not allow half an hour pc time for every half hour exercise? Or similar? That way himself and us (your shiny new friends) will be happy?

If you agree with this suggestion everyone copy n paste it to the thread to show Bev some love xxx

Good idea

Reactions: Bev

keeley86

Let's get back to Bev...

Bev before weight loss surgery we tend to reward ourselves with food, however i know how committed you are to your pre op health and diet so i've had a brainwave!! Doesn't happen often..

Rather than reward yourself with food for all the exercise you do, why not allow half an hour pc time for every half hour exercise? Or similar? That way himself and us (your shiny new friends) will be happy?

If you agree with this suggestion everyone copy n paste it to the thread to show Bev some love xxx

good idea julie...... welcome back bev! - tell your hubby that you need us like we need you! dont ever leave us again! hehe xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bev

Keeley... I couldn't leave you if I tried!

Don't forget now... we have an exercise routine worked out between us.... best foot forward... are you starting at 6am in the morning?

I shall be looking for you running around the park as we agreed.... Keep going!

xxx

keeley86

awww me luvs u toooo, lol (big :hug99:hugs)- ill be deffo putting my best foot forward in the morning bev but i dont know about the 6am bit, thats a little too early for me.... meet me there about 9:30 gimme chance for a cuppa 1st! thanks for keeping me motivated tho bev i could have chucked the towel in a few times but you have picked me back up again! xxxxxxxxx

Grace

Let's get back to Bev...

showing the love Bev.

Stay with us babe. xxxx

Bev

Thanks Keeley and Charis,

Hoping you have a very happy and healthy Sunday...

Concentrate on you. Not me!

Get moving and plan ahead....my day is planned with some exercise first and foremost, even if it's only shaking my legs and arms!

It's movement that is important.

Plus a hearty salad lunch - colourful, crunchy and healthy, with a slice of lean turkey!

Gone are my huge Sunday lunches for the family with a gravy boat each!

Still love gravy so I still have it, but made weaker and with no meat fat and only a couple of tablespoons of it!

It's a great chance for us pre-op's to get used to not drinking with our food... I have stopped that too... just washing the food down with a fizzy drink and then feeling like I could eat loads more... It's now making sense to me.

I am also substituting any mid morning snacking with a semi skimmed cup of milky coffee... that is filling and it also stabilises my blood sugar around that time of the day.

Please keep going and concentrate on YOU that is what is important to me!

Much love and keep motivated! xxx

Last edited: